Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonka Bars

Options
  • 13-10-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm clutching at straws here, but I was wondering if anyone knew of availability of Wonka Bars anywhere in Ireland. I need them, if I can get them, on short notice.

I know they were released a few years ago, but haven't seen any in quite a while so I'm not holding out much hope, but any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm pretty sure they were made by Nestle and not Cadbury's, and as far as I know they're not available now. You could try some of the online retro sweet shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Snacks & Sweets to see if they can provide expert advice.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

why do you need them - I brought some back from my trip to USA - there might be one or two left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Ebay seems to have different wonka products, is it for a halloween theme/party or just for your pleasure? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

They have a few different types in the newsagent in Dundrum shopping centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Hi All, thanks for replies. Its actually for our wedding. Was a bit of a last minute idea so didn't have time to get them in. We've done a bit of improvising which will have to do the job at this stage (wedding is Wednesday!!!)

Again, thanks for the advice, checked in dundrum, they had some wonka branded sweets, but it was bars we were hoping to get hold of

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Hmm, if you have someone in either areas who could check - I'd try the Gourmet Store/Shop in Churchtown, it's beside the large SuperValu/Churchtown Stores/Howards Way. They have some american stuff and *might*, but I think it's mostly Hersheys or Reeses.

Another place might be Fallon & Byrne in town, again they have some american stuff but not sure about wonka bars.

(best of luck for Wed btw :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liptonvillag

There's a sweet shop in Drogheda that sells wonka bars just like the ones in the movie. exact same wrappers. choclate was lovely too. dunno who makes them. dunno the name of the shop or street as was just passing through. just know there's a hotel beside it and a bakery across the road on the corner. bars cost 3.50 each
    Hi All,

I'm clutching at straws here, but I was wondering if anyone knew of availability of Wonka Bars anywhere in Ireland. I need them, if I can get them, on short notice.

I know they were released a few years ago, but haven't seen any in quite a while so I'm not holding out much hope, but any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There's a sweet shop in Drogheda that sells wonka bars just like the ones in the movie. exact same wrappers. choclate was lovely too. dunno who makes them. dunno the name of the shop or street as was just passing through. just know there's a hotel beside it and a bakery across the road on the corner. bars cost 3.50 each

OP is probably married and divorced by now, this thread is 2yrs old ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

• Advertisement
Advertisement