Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending bike to Australia

• 13-10-2010 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm looking to see if anyone has any experience in sending a bike to Australia, things like: Cost, Company used, tips on packaging etc etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

I got the following back from AA Economy Freight Worldwide
    Hi,

Thanks for the enquiry.

There is two options – seafreight and airfreight. Please find details below:

Seafreight:
    The price is €380 per cubic metre as far as a Sydney local warehouse from our Dublin warehouse depot.
    Collection from Dublin 4 is included in the above price.
    It takes approximately 6 weeks to reach Sydney.
    We will wrap your goods in our depot before shipping and also palletise your goods (build your goods onto a wooden pallet) if required for extra safe transit.
    The above prices does not include local warehouse customs/handling in Sydney. This is standard.
    We have a weekly designated shipping service by seafreight for Sydney.
    After your shipment has left Dublin, you will receive a shipping declaration on day of shipping and then an express bill of lading a few days later which shows all the details for you to collect your shipment.

Or, the second option:

Airfreight:
    The price is €280 for anything up to 25kgs by airfreight – Dublin to Sydney Airport. From 26kgs and over, add €4.95 per extra kg.
    Collection from Dublin 4 is included in the above price.
    We will wrap your goods free of charge in our Dublin warehouse.
    We ship daily by airfreight for Sydney Airport.
    It takes 4/5 days to arrive in Sydney Airport.
    The above prices does not include local customs/handling in Sydney Airport.
    Volumetric rates apply with the airline where applicable.
    On day of departure to Sydney Airport ex Dublin, you will receive tracking details from us.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 141 ✭✭moomooman

Maybe irrelevant, but if you are flying there most airlines will treat it as a single piece of luggage if its boxed. I've brought a MTB home from Australia that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

deiseman wrote: »
    I'm looking to see if anyone has any experience in sending a bike to Australia, things like: Cost, Company used, tips on packaging etc etc.

Has it been bold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 deiseman

I'm already in Australia and came out with full baggage allowance so I'm getting it sent over....the AA crowd in first reply look like a good option thanks

Advertisement