Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resturant with the dish "Wellington"

Options
  • 13-10-2010 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

After living in 6 months in Ireland my family from Sweden is coming to Cork and want to try out some nice restaurant with the dish Wellington.

Not too fancy resturant, just enough so you would make the effort to go there :P

Any tips?

If there is no restaurants with this peculiar dish maybe a restaurant offering some Irish cuisine would be something to experience.

Cheers!
    Furis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

you mean beef wellington?

Fenns Quay do a "beef welly style" which is similar. and very tasty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Do you mean something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_Wellington ?

Off the top of my head I'd say the only places that do Beef Wellington regularly are pub carvery type setups.

You could make it yourself, it's easy, just google "jamie oliver beef wellington" or "gordon ramsey beef wellington" for some good ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 furis

Yep, beef wellington is exactly what I meant :P

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

Proper beef wellington is very hard to get - so if you find a good one let me know! Often the beef is overcooked. Can be hard to get the beef and pastry right.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Wilton pub often have it.

Why not get it in Marks and cook yourself?

Or if adventurous, just buy the meat, pastry and stuffing and make from scratch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

ravima wrote: »
    Wilton pub often have it.

I have eaten it once here myself, not bad as carvery goes. :pac::pac::pac::D

I think it cost 4 euro more than the roast beef on the menu.

Advertisement