Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson or Mourinho?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Frisbee wrote: »
    I think your sarcasm detector needs some repairs...

Nope, its in perfect working order.

Sorry that I didnt throw in a few smilies to show that I was "in" on the joke. Your one needs batteries I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jose Mourinho
    Dempsey wrote: »
    Nope, its in perfect working order.

Sorry that I didnt throw in a few smilies to show that I was "in" on the joke. Your one needs batteries I reckon.

But what you posted doesn't make any sense if you say it sarcastically. It might sound a big dickish but that's not the same.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    But what you posted doesn't make any sense if you say it sarcastically. It might sound a big dickish but that's not the same.:pac:

Maybe you should read back before posting eh?

Who said that my post was trying to be sarcastic?

Jose Mourinho
    Maybe you should read back before posting eh?

Who said that my post was trying to be sarcastic?

Dickish it is then.

Dickish it is then.

Exactly, why should I listen to sarcastic shíte from fair weather Manure fans?

Jose Mourinho
    Exactly, why should I listen to sarcastic shíte from fair weather Manure fans?

Its to be expected when you repeatedly make poor points based on ill conceived logic in a thread about the present Man Utd manager and his successor in waiting.

Its to be expected when you repeatedly make poor points based on ill conceived logic in a thread about the present Man Utd manager and his successor in waiting.

After he's done winning everything with the biggest club in the world, he'll take up the challenge of taking a smaller, debt riddled, club to EPL & UCL success with limited resources a la Porto. Such is the brilliance of the man

Jose Mourinho
    After he's done winning everything with the biggest club in the world, he'll take up the challenge of taking a smaller, debt riddled, club to EPL & UCL success with limited resources a la Porto. Such is the brilliance of the man

At least your last two posts have shown your true motivation for posting ad nauseum in this thread. Didn't take long for the guard to slip. Never does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jose Mourinho

But Fergie never managed Porto and surely the United job is his last?:confused:

• Advertisement

At least your last two posts have shown your true motivation for posting ad nauseum in this thread. Didn't take long for the guard to slip. Never does.

Not really, its just the man united supporters that are getting ratty to anything that detracts from Alex Ferguson career or managerial ability in any context.

I've never disrespected his achievements in this thread just those who get childish when someone suggests that Mourinho might have the +1 in aspects of management style or success.

My post count is only high because I'm talking to you. Explaining things to you is a slow and painful process

Jose Mourinho
    010haters.jpg

"Manure." LOL.

Course you're legit and just looking for balanced debate.:rolleyes:

010haters.jpg

"Manure." LOL.

Course you're legit and just looking for balanced debate.:rolleyes:

Not looking for a balanced debate with you anyways, gave up on that well before this thread was conceived. Anyone else, I'd be far more civilised towards.

As I said before, I dont really care what you think, not going to start now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

What makes people think Jose will go anywhere near Utd? I doubt they would be able to afford his wages for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Mourinho is on £200k a week in Madrid, I assume Utd would have to up that.

CorkMan wrote: »
    Mourinho is on £200k a week in Madrid, I assume Utd would have to up that.

Utd. would manage to pay that alright. I thought it was something ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jose Mourinho
    Ferguson obviously.

He has won countless trophies, built numerous great teams and is probably the greatest manager in the history of the game.

That doesn't mean Mourinho will not surpass him, however. In such a short space of time, Mourinhos achievements are astonishing. He has achieved success in a short amount of time at every club he has managed, it remains to be seen if he can break the dominance of Barcelona though. I think he's definetly the man to do that, however.

El Classico at the end of the month will be a must-watch. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Jose Mourinho
    He has a good chance this season of breaking their dominance due to them not looking as good this year as much as anything else, plus look at the team he has!

Jose Mourinho
    kryogen wrote: »
    He has a good chance this season of breaking their dominance due to them not looking as good this year as much as anything else, plus look at the team he has!

Agreed, i've been far more impressed with Real then Barca so far. Barca have shown flashes of their brilliance(2nd half vs Valencia, Sevilla match, one or two others) but they have had quite a few games where they have struggled horribly.

Real have looked pretty dominant and convincing in almost every game i've seen. Mourinho has really got their house in order. Carvalho, Di Maria and Ozil in particular look like inspired singings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Wow, a lot of love for Fergy from the United fans round here. Mourniho, not so popular!

This is an easy question though; the clear winner is Mourinho. He's already achieved more in the game than Ferguson in a much shorter period of time and he's won trophies with different clubs too. Fergy, on the other hand, has bought success at United, although some of his purchases have been laughably shambolic (eg. Djemba Djemba, Taibi, Anderson etc). And, when he does have the have the best player in the world, he falls out with him and sells the players to one of his biggest rivals in Europe. Yeah, great manager alright.... I'd like to see Fergy win the Champions' League with a club like Porto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Jose Mourinho
    Wow, a lot of love for Fergy from the United fans round here. Mourniho, not so popular!

This is an easy question though; the clear winner is Mourinho. He's already achieved more in the game than Ferguson in a much shorter period of time and he's won trophies with different clubs too. Fergy, on the other hand, has bought success at United, although some of his purchases have been laughably shambolic (eg. Djemba Djemba, Taibi, Anderson etc). And, when he does have the have the best player in the world, he falls out with him and sells the players to one of his biggest rivals in Europe. Yeah, great manager alright.... I'd like to see Fergy win the Champions' League with a club like Porto!

I'd like to see Fergie win a cup in Europe with Aberdeen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Jose Mourinho

"He's already achieved more in the game than Ferguson" No he hasn't.

You also seem to have conveniently forgotten Fergies success at Aberdeen before coming to Manchester.

Your points on Fergies purchases are totally one sided. You picked a few duds and again conveniently decided to ignore the countless excellent signings he has made. Over the long period he has been at the club it would be inevitable that some purchases weren't going to work out. But I suppose it would be too much to ask that you would be balanced and fair seeing as your obviously just out to put him down and nothing else matters in your eyes.

He didn't fall out with Ronaldo and they are still good friends and often they both speak about each other and say that they are still in contact with each other. I can't remember the last time I heard Fergie texting a player to wish him happy birthday!

Just because Fergie didn't move on to another club doesn't mean he's not as good a manager.

Jose Mourinho
    . Yeah, great manager alright.... I'd like to see Fergy win the Champions' League with a club like Porto!

1983 says hi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Jose Mourinho

Since when is Anderson "laughably shambolic"?:confused:

The Cup Winners Cup was always the easiest European trophy to win. Hence it doesnt even exist anymore. Domestic Cup Comps were never big things in the big Leagues like Serie A or La Liga.

Another big point is European comps over the past 10 years are much harder to win than they were back in 1983. There are a lot more teams in them now compared to just one from each country back in the day and all the top teams played in the European Cup.

Jose Mourinho
    Warper wrote: »
    The Cup Winners Cup was always the easiest European trophy to win. Hence it doesnt even exist anymore. Domestic Cup Comps were never big things in the big Leagues like Serie A or La Liga.

Another big point is European comps over the past 10 years are much harder to win than they were back in 1983. There are a lot more teams in them now compared to just one from each country back in the day and all the top teams played in the European Cup.

Aberdeen beat Real Madrid in the final. Are you telling me that Aberdeen had it handy in an easy competition. Aberdeen were nobodies, Real were giants.

Teams who have won it since Aberdeen include: Juventus, Everton, Ajax, Barcelona, Sampdoria, Manchester United, Arsenal, Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea, Lazio.

Don't belittle what was a huge achievement for such a small club.

deisedevil wrote: »
    Aberdeen beat Real Madrid in the final. Are you telling me that Aberdeen had it handy in an easy competition. Aberdeen were nobodies, Real were giants.

Teams who have won it since Aberdeen include: Juventus, Everton, Ajax, Barcelona, Sampdoria, Manchester United, Arsenal, Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea, Lazio.

Don't belittle what was a huge achievement for such a small club.

I am not belittling what they have done and I am not saying Fergie is not one of the greatest managers of all time as he undoubtably is. But people go on as if this Cup Winners Cup win with Aberdeen is somehow the proof that Fergie is a better manager than Mourinho. It is not. Aberdeen beat FC Sion, Dinamo Tirana, Lech Poznań, Bayern Munich, Waterschei in the semis and then Real in the Final. When you look at it there were just the 2 notable scalps they beat enroute to victory. That said Bayern and Real are 2 of the biggest scalps out there but at the time they were not even the best teams in their Leagues or they would be in the European Cup.

With Porto, winning the Uefa Cup, then following it up with a C.L. the year after is a much better acheivement than winning the Cup Winners Cup with Aberdeen and thats a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Jose Mourinho
    I am not belittling what they have done and I am not saying Fergie is not one of the greatest managers of all time as he undoubtably is. But people go on as if this Cup Winners Cup win with Aberdeen is somehow the proof that Fergie is a better manager than Mourinho. It is not. Aberdeen beat FC Sion, Dinamo Tirana, Lech Poznań, Bayern Munich, Waterschei in the semis and then Real in the Final. When you look at it there were just the 2 notable scalps they beat enroute to victory. That said Bayern and Real are 2 of the biggest scalps out there but at the time they were not even the best teams in their Leagues or they would be in the European Cup.

With Porto, winning the Uefa Cup, then following it up with a C.L. the year after is a much better acheivement than winning the Cup Winners Cup with Aberdeen and thats a fact.

TBF beating 5 teams in the one game is an unbelievable achievement in itself.:pac:

Jose Mourinho

Yep it was. your dead right there.

But I wasn't saying that just because Fergie won the CWC with Aberdeen that it made him a better manager than Mourinho, just that a previous poster had decided to make little of what Fergie has achieved and omitted many of the positives and made up some lies to make his point seem valid. the Aberdeen thing was just one small part of it.

baz2009 wrote: »
    TBF beating 5 teams in the one game is an unbelievable achievement in itself.:pac:

I was at that match and tbf Aberdeen did play well

Jose Mourinho
    Warper I'm confused as why you started this thread. All you want to do is try and belittle Ferguson.

64% of the forum believe Ferguson is better, get over it.

• Advertisement

Yep it was. your dead right there.

But I wasn't saying that just because Fergie won the CWC with Aberdeen that it made him a better manager than Mourinho, just that a previous poster had decided to make little of what Fergie has achieved and omitted many of the positives and made up some lies to make his point seem valid. the Aberdeen thing was just one small part of it.

Fair enough. Tbh this debate could go on all day. They are the 2 best managers in football today and people will always have favourites.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Warper I'm confused as why you started this thread. All you want to do is try and belittle Ferguson.

64% of the forum believe Ferguson is better, get over it.

64% of the forum are just plain wrong

Jose Mourinho
    64% of the forum are just plain wrong

And we have it.

Opinions can't be wrong.

Choosing a man who won 46 trophies can't be 'wrong'.

Jose Mourinho
    And we have it.

Opinions can't be wrong.

Choosing a man who won 46 trophies can't be 'wrong'.

Ah he's just havin a laugh with that comment in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

Jose Mourinho
    it has to be fergie - jose does win trophies but he dont stay at clubs too long

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Jose Mourinho
    Ferguson. He has done more over his career and right now he is still one of the best managers in the world. In 10 or 20 years time Mourinho may well pass him out but he hasn't yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

I'd like to see Fergie win a cup in Europe with Aberdeen.
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    1983 says hi.

Oh dear, looks like I hit a nerve!

Back in the Eighties, Spandau Ballet were 'top of the pops' and European Cups were ten a penny. :D

Firstly, Aberdeen didn't win the European Cup (the equivalent to today's Champions League); rather they won the European Cup Winners Cup- this was always the easiest European competition to win and lots of crap teams have won it over the years!

Secondly, European competition is much, much more difficult in the last decade than it was in the 80s. The bigger leagues (Spain/England and to a lesser extent Germany/Italy/France) are so dominant in Europe nowadays that it will be a long time before we see another Porto conquering Europe. It just doesn't happen anymore, and that's what makes Mourinho's achievement so unique.

Thank you Mr Warper.

Jose Mourinho
    Oh dear, looks like I hit a nerve!

Back in the Eighties, Spandau Ballet were 'top of the pops' and European Cups were ten a penny. :D

Firstly, Aberdeen didn't win the European Cup (the equivalent to today's Champions League); rather they won the European Cup Winners Cup- this was always the easiest European competition to win and lots of crap teams have won it over the years!

Secondly, European competition is much, much more difficult in the last decade than it was in the 80s. The bigger leagues (Spain/England and to a lesser extent Germany/Italy/France) are so dominant in Europe nowadays that it will be a long time before we see another Porto conquering Europe. It just doesn't happen anymore, and that's what makes Mourinho's achievement so unique.

Thank you Mr Warper.

What about the rest of the rubbish you posted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Jose Mourinho
    The bigger leagues (Spain/England and to a lesser extent Germany/Italy/France) are so dominant in Europe nowadays that it will be a long time before we see another Porto conquering Europe. It just doesn't happen anymore, and that's what makes Mourinho's achievement so unique.

Mourinho's achievement was bettered 12 months later.

• Advertisement

Jose Mourinho
    #15 wrote: »
    Mourinho's achievement was bettered 12 months later.

LOL! :D

Jose Mourinho
    LOL! :D

I'm serious though.
    Benitez pulled off an amazing feat in 2005. His CL win with Liverpool was a more difficult task than Mourinho's win with Porto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Awesome :D

so the answer is Rafa. Can we close the thread now?

Jose Mourinho
    I'm serious though.
    Benitez pulled off an amazing feat in 2005. His CL win with Liverpool was a more difficult task than Mourinho's win with Porto.

He did to be fair. It was a miracle the Pool won CL that year.

Jose Mourinho
    gosplan wrote: »
    Awesome :D

so the answer is Rafa. Can we close the thread now?

Not yet.
    In an interview with publication Metro, CR7 was appreciative of the Scot’s role in developing him as a player, and when quizzed over a comparison between Ferguson and his current coach, Jose Mourinho, he remarked: “In some ways, they are alike – they both have plenty of experience and have won all there is to win in football.

“The only difference that comes to my mind is that one is older than the other. I loved working with Sir Alex. We got on really well and today he is my friend. From where I am concerned, Sir Alex Ferguson is the best coach in the world.

Now we can.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Jose Mourinho
    In an interview with publication Metro, CR7 was appreciative of the Scot’s role in developing him as a player, and when quizzed over a comparison between Ferguson and his current coach, Jose Mourinho, he remarked: “In some ways, they are alike – they both have plenty of experience and have won all there is to win in football.

“The only difference that comes to my mind is that one is older than the other. I loved working with Sir Alex. We got on really well and today he is my friend. From where I am concerned, Sir Alex Ferguson is the best coach in the world.”

Now we can.:)

Ugh, can I change my vote now???

• Advertisement

Jose Mourinho
    L'prof wrote: »
    Ugh, can I change my vote now???

Was a tongue in cheek post tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Jose Mourinho
    Was a tongue in cheek post tbf.

Ditto.

Jose Mourinho
    L'prof wrote: »
    Ditto.

D'oh:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Mourinho. If only because he has tested himself successfully outside the UK, whereas Ferguson hasn't. For what it's worth, neither is the best coach in the world in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Well I am biased and I have to vote for Mourinho, already 2 CL titles for him and his league list will grow and grow + he has about 25 years to catch up on Ferguson.

Vote Mourinho

• Advertisement
Advertisement