Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone Cinema

Options
  • 13-10-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I seen on facebook that the cinema are now doing live opera shows. Whats your thoughts on this? Does athlone and surrounding areas have an opera fan base?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Yeah I saw that, was interested in going to see how they pulled it off. Wouldn't imagine the cinema being suitable for opera, saying that, I've never been to an opera. Would like to go, but it's not exactly cheap. €26.25 for a single ticket, if anything I'd go with the girlfriend or someone, I know it's 5 and a half hours (Boris Godunov), but still. I don't know if it could hold my attention for that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FlicFlak

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    Yeah I saw that, was interested in going to see how they pulled it off. Wouldn't imagine the cinema being suitable for opera, saying that, I've never been to an opera. Would like to go, but it's not exactly cheap. €26.25 for a single ticket, if anything I'd go with the girlfriend or someone, I know it's 5 and a half hours (Boris Godunov), but still. I don't know if it could hold my attention for that long.

I dont think they're live in the cinema, they got digital camera a while back so they project the opera on the big screen in high def!!
    The opera singers arnt in the cinema!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

ah thanks for that, I thought it would have been a bit strange of a venue for opera :P

At the same time, I don't see the draw to it now. If I wanted to watch opera, a cinema wouldn't be my first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭FlicFlak

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    ah thanks for that, I thought it would have been a bit strange of a venue for opera :P

At the same time, I don't see the draw to it now. If I wanted to watch opera, a cinema wouldn't be my first choice.

I suppose not, but on a big screen in high def, with Dolby surround sound---next best thing!!!

Advertisement