Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 14 Equipment

Options
  • 13-10-2010 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭

I know the threads not up for the tournament yet but I wanted to put this up because if we don't get equipment then we don't get a tournament.

What we have so far is :
    4 Xbox VGA cables
    2 PS VGA cables
    5 Speakers with connectors
    and hopefully
    4 Monitors

I can bring an Xbox.

So what can you bring?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I am bringing the VSHG and the recording equipment. Won't have room for much else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sadly I shall be graduating that day, so no dodgy xbox for you this time =D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Since it's a community-run event (and you have choice), do you even want to have PS3s?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

We always had a choice. We could have rented one or the other in XGC. In fact we had more of a choice in XGC because now it all depends on what people can bring.

I'm in favour of sticking to both consoles as it encourages people to come rather than one console which could drive people away. The headaches that are caused by this are imo worth it, if one person comes to play on Playstation that wouldn't have come if it was Xbox only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

There are 2 XBOXs in my house so I'm sure I can bring at least one of them - just need to check with my housemates first.

• Advertisement

You should also get your housemates to come along.

I may also bring my laptop for a little side action on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Orim wrote: »
    You should also get your housemates to come along.

I may also bring my laptop for a little side action on the day.

One of them isn't half bad at SF - D4RK ONION has been teaching him a bit too :p He doesn't seem to have any interest in tournaments though ;_;

(My other 2 housemates would rather be eaten alive than even play SF >_<)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I can bring the lols and or the rage. Most likely both.

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I can't guarantee that I can even come to this inferno now. If i get a job offer i'll be starting in early november and will have to move and stuff. If things change i'll let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I can bring
    xbox (hdmi or component/composite) or ps3 (hdmi or composite)
    speakers and connectors

I agree with kiki about running it on 1 format too. I think we should have a discussion about it sometime in another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

1 Xbox
    1 SSF4

Where's this one gonna be?

Bush80 wrote: »
    I can bring
    speakers and connectors

I agree with kiki about running it on 1 format too. I think we should have a discussion about it sometime in another thread.

Component is better for le hauppage, just so people know.

I have an xbox and PS3 component cable anyways.

I don't think there'll be any trouble discussing the formats but we should focus on making inferno work in our new home first.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bush80 wrote: »
    I can bring
    speakers and connectors

Actually, I think this is a decision the current Committee (and not the forum members -- too many heads = too many opinions = nothing getting done) should agree on very quickly.
    We do still HAVE a committee, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i think as a group we should start a revolution by phasing out ps3's for good.
    You may start by selling them on adverts

OBVIOUSLY if we are going to pick one, its going to be XBOX.
    unless everyone mods their sticks with that pcb on akhb shop

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    We do still HAVE a committee, right?

Yup, we're still here, currently beavering away at Gamer expo. Hai guys.

Told you you wouldn't even notice us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

What date is this on?

If I'm around I can bring an xbox + vga cable and a projector or 24" monitor (whichever is needed more)

The 6th. First Saturday of November.

Monitor would be needed. They have a projector there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm busy that day.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If DLC characters have to be paid for, then PS3 is the way to go as DLC can be used on up to five seperate PS3s.

EDIT: I can bring a 360 and PS3 and five sets of Argos speakers, that are powered by USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm for running the tournament on one console as well, but if it's easier on Orim for the first one in Exchange to run it a way he's more comfortable with I've no problem waiting until after Inferno 14 to discuss changing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I can bring

xbox
    vga cable
    monitor
    ssf4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Where is the next Inferno being held? I'll come anyway ^^

I'm waiting for Cobelcog to post saying he can bring the salt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The Exchange in Temple Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I can bring a TV too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I'll bring a flask of tea and a bad attitude.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I've only got some ps3 stuff, like a HDMI cable or a component if needed. I've only the chunky PS3, and it's a lil too far for comfort for a weighty machine on my back, I'm afraid...

Though, if needed/wanted, I've a USB headset I can bring for commentators to use on Doom's setup (assuming it's going through the hauppage and into the Apple), and I wouldn't mind giving a go at comming a few games myself*:pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I've the RB Mic which is USB and pretty high quality if you need a second one. I can bring my xbox if it's needed but I'd rather do that only if i had to, I don't like bringing it such a long way. I can also bring the small screen I brought last time if it's wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Take my stuff off the list. I cant go, dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

If DLC characters have to be paid for, then PS3 is the way to go as DLC can be used on up to five seperate PS3s.

EDIT: I can bring a 360 and PS3 and five sets of Argos speakers, that are powered by USB.

well if someone brings their profile on an memory stick they are on the xbox too.

But i do love that 5 ps3 thing alright. It's how me and mates put about 100 euro on a 3v card and buy songs for rock band on an account we made an everyone can dl them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

If I can make it there, I'll bring my PS3 controller adapter for the 360. Just make PS3 pad-players life a bit easier.

Advertisement