Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passports n' spys

• 13-10-2010 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

So now that Irish passports are poplular with spys what can we do about it? First it was Mossad and now it's the Russians. What happens now? Do we just bend over.

I wonder if there is a way of sueing them for defermation of character. OK, OK, I know that you'd first have to prove that we have a character that can be defamed but bear with me here for a moment. We take the Israelies and the Russians to court and look for recompense of €35 billion for the damage they have caused to each and every ligitimate Irish passport holder. National debt sorted. Happy days.

Is it possible for a nation to sue another nation?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

That's just not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

That's a pretty funny idea...I like it. I can however see one slight problem.

Brian Cowen

vs

Vladamir Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

We don't we just cut out the black market and start selling them on Government website?

buynow.passport.gov.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

^^ in soviet russia - passport buys YOU

:osorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

"Why make a trillion when we could make... billions? " - Dr Evil. Cowens inspiration, we'd be fcuked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

^^ in soviet russia - passport buys YOU

:osorry
    He did....he made me do unspeakable things :(

We don't want to devalue our own passport...so I suggest we start making and selling passports from other countries...

"So that's two Faroe Islands passports...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

OldGoat wrote: »
    So now that Irish passports are poplular with spys what can we do about it? First it was Hamas and now it's the Russians. Whart happens now? Do we just bend over.

I wonder if there is a way of sueing them for defermation of character. OK, OK, I know that you'd first have to prove that we have a character that can be defamed but bear with me here for a moment. We take the Israelies and the Russians to court and look for recompense of €35 billion for the damage they have caused to each and every ligitimate Irish passport holder. National debt sorted. Happy days.

Unfortunately the countries in question have two of the most powerful militaries in the world. Both of them would tell Ireland to "PFO" and there isn't a hell of a lot we could do about it.

Unfortunately the countries in question have two of the most powerful militaries in the world. Both of them would tell Ireland to "PFO" and there isn't a hell of a lot we could do about it.

We could supply weapons to the Palestinians and Checheyns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

My kids have 3 passports each.
    Kachinggggggggggggg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Albert Reynolds use to sell passports so are we really surprised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

So now that Irish passports are poplular with spys what can we do about it? First it was Hamas and now it's the Russians. Whart happens now? Do we just bend over.

When you said Hamas, did you perhaps mean Mossad?

fergalr wrote: »
    When you said Hamas, did you perhaps mean Mossad?
    Editorial blunder on my part. Fixed now, and thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Brian Cowen vs The World.

pew pew pew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Want to sell: Passport for identity theft for the usage of international espionage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

So now that Irish passports are poplular with spys what can we do about it? First it was Mossad and now it's the Russians. What happens now? Do we just bend over.

It's national debt more like ~€80 billion.

It's national debt more like ~€80 billion.
    Not a problem. We'll sue them for €40 gazzilion...each. That should cover it and leave a little over for a bit of a hooley.

Advertisement