Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MeatBalls - What to do with them, suggestions??

Options
  • 13-10-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

I've meat balls in the fridge - anyone have any suggestions what to do for them for the dinner tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

What kind of meatballs? Are they flavoured/seasoned already?

I'd probably make a simple tomato sauce with basil, some fried garlic and onions?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A spicy tomato sauce, usual recipe (onions, garlic, tin of chopped tomatoes) plus a chopped up chilli. Fry the meatballs first, then add them to the sauce once cooked, to warm them up. Serve on a bed of pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

after following one of the suggestions given, don't forget to eat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Thanks - was thinking about a Spagetti/Tagatelli/Pasta combo with a tomato sauce but was wondering if you guys could come up with something different.
    Thanks again;

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

In Sweden they sometimes serve meatballs with a blue-cheese cream sauce (ädelostsås). Simply melt some blue cheese into some cream and season, that's it. Alternatively you can pop a small piece of blue cheese inside the meatball before you cook them. Just serve simply with potatoes and veg or salad in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Alun wrote: »
    In Sweden they sometimes serve meatballs with a blue-cheese cream sauce (ädelostsås). Simply melt some blue cheese into some cream and season, that's it. Alternatively you can pop a small piece of blue cheese inside the meatball before you cook them. Just serve simply with potatoes and veg or salad in that case.

oh my god, that sounds delicious. I am definitely going to be trying that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

dlambirl wrote: »
    Thanks - was thinking about a Spagetti/Tagatelli/Pasta combo with a tomato sauce but was wondering if you guys could come up with something different.
    Thanks again;

Ah, that's why I was wondering about the flavourings in the balls already!

How about a curry sauce? Some red chilli, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, coriander in a hand blender. Fry briefly in a pan with the meatballs. Add some coconut milk and serve with rice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I've had some with mashed potatoes,but seriously find they're hard beat over pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Paul24

We 80% cook ours in the oven.

At the same time I make a quick pepper sauce with plenty of fresh cracked black pepper into a hot pan followed by a bit of chicken stock, small bit of cornflour to thicken it and then some / lots of cream.

We drain the fat out of the meatballs them pour the sauce over them and back into the oven for the last 5-10 minutes.

Lovely.

Paul24

Advertisement