Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That's it I'm growing a beard!!!!!

Options
  • 13-10-2010 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

The price of razor blades is unreal. Those feckers that make the razor replacements are having a laugh. They have us by the short and curiles. I have a Gillette Mach 3 razor handle which I have been using quite happily for some time. However, the other day I decided it was time to pick up another replacement pack of blades. I went to the supermarket and unfortunately was in a bit of a hurry so I picked up the Gillette Sensor 3 blades instead of the Mach 3 ones. I’m willing to bet others have done the same the packaging and branding is very similar. I didn’t spot the difference until the next morning when I went to use them, but I figured they’re all Gillette so they should fit.

Well how wrong was that assumption, of course they didn’t, not even close. I wouldn’t mind, but I had an uncomfortable shave that morning and I’ve now got a pack of blades that I can’t use as I am not about to go buy yet another handle.

What a fecking swindle. C'mon the beard, people may think I'm Gerry Adams but at least I wont be broke!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You should try Immac.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

When you feel the blade edge pulling the hairs instead of cutting them, run the razor up(opposite direction to shaving) your wet arm about ten times...this brings the edge back to the blades akin to using a piece of leather for a cut throat.
    My blades last weeks longer now Im doing this, try it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

The price of razor blades is unreal. Those feckers that make the razor replacements are having a laugh. They have us by the short and curiles. I have a Gillette Mach 3 razor handle which I have been using quite happily for some time. However, the other day I decided it was time to pick up another replacement pack of blades. I went to the supermarket and unfortunately was in a bit of a hurry so I picked up the Gillette Sensor 3 blades instead of the Mach 3 ones. I’m willing to bet others have done the same the packaging and branding is very similar. I didn’t spot the difference until the next morning when I went to use them, but I figured they’re all Gillette so they should fit.

Well how wrong was that assumption, of course they didn’t, not even close. I wouldn’t mind, but I had an uncomfortable shave that morning and I’ve now got a pack of blades that I can’t use as I am not about to go buy yet another handle.

What a fecking swindle. C'mon the beard, people may think I'm Gerry Adams but at least I wont be broke!!!

The handles are cheap! They sell them at below cost to get you locked in to using their brand. You might as well get one. Some times you can get a handle with 2 blades for less than 50% of a 4 blade pack!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Get a DE razor! You will save a fortune and get a better shave.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

As already mentioned get yourself a double edge razor, 14e for 100 blades which last me just about 1 year :)

Check out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1103 & http://www.shaving.ie

I have no link with the website other then being a very happy customer since they started operating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

RAZORS%20BiC%20Normal%205%20in%20pack%20yellow.jpg:D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Let your beard grow for 2 weeks, trim it down with a hair shaver and then finish with a razor. A box o blades will last you about a year that way! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Razor Blade pricing

10c for the razor blade
    €3 for the advert of the guy shaving

Advertisement