Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer service at banks

Options
  • 13-10-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hello,

I was recently in need of a bank statement from my account in BoI. I tried to call them a million times and they just won't take any calls, except if you're a business customer. Every time I requested to talk to a representative, they redirected my call to answering machines.

Is that the way banks are supposed to behave?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Kohl

andrewire wrote: »
    Hello,

I was recently in need of a bank statement from my account in BoI. I tried to call them a million times and they just won't take any calls, except if you're a business customer. Every time I requested to talk to a representative, they redirected my call to answering machines.

err don't you get a "request a statement" option when you visit the ATM and put in your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭andrewire

Kohl wrote: »
    err don't you get a "request a statement" option when you visit the ATM and put in your card.

I needed a full bank statement with my name and address on it, not a cash machine receipt. Why is this so complicated? I am not asking for a loan or anything, just a simple bank statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

I needed a full bank statement with my name and address on it, not a cash machine receipt. Why is this so complicated? I am not asking for a loan or anything, just a simple bank statement.

I'm sure you can do that from an ATM as well. I've done it before from online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Ring your own branch and they will sort it. I have never had a problem with BOI getting talking to someone in the branch. actually never had a problem in any department including banking 365 getting onto someone on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

dotsman wrote: »
    I'm sure you can do that from an ATM as well. I've done it before from online banking.

You can certainly do this from AIB ATM's, cannot speak for the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Hello,

In short no. Calling your bank and asking for a new bank statement should be the easiest of tasks and should be no problem. TBH I've not had an issue actually getting through to talk to someone but I've had complaints about charges and I've found there not good at talking your complaint serious.

Maybe drop into your local branch and tell them your problem. Its harder to ignore you if your standing in front of them.

As others have said there are other ways of obtaining your statement but if you choose to call then you should have your call answered.

Advertisement