Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet won't send a contract

Options
  • 13-10-2010 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

How would i know about any tiny bits and T&C, if I don't have a contract? In some time they can add anything to it, and tell you, you've agreed to that while verbally signing for it.

I need a paper, which could prove my rights.
    Solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The T&Cs are on the website, which you can print off. That's pretty much your contract right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 xkuza

It won't count as a legal document. Those are FYI only. Date of print is easily changeable aswell as information in website. Wouldnt prove anything in court with piece of print :]

Why would they change the T&Cs and then try to tell you they didn't? They simply wouldn't get away with this, especially if it went to court. Is there a reason for this question, or are you just trying to sully Magnet with false accusations?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

We conduct verbal contracts to speed up the installation process. The t&c's are all available online at;

https://www.magnet.ie/index.php/Support/terms-a-conditions.html

If you think there is something nuanced or different about your pack I would be happy to clarify this in an email to you?

Is there something specific you are experiencing trouble with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 xkuza

I just want to have paperwork to read what I've signed for before sleep:)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

xkuza wrote: »

If you really want to I can print them off and send them but to be honest it would possibley be quicker and easier just to print them off yourself.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

xkuza wrote: »

You're being overly paranoid. Just print of the T&Cs linked, or save them to a text file. That's all I've ever done, and it's all you need to do.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I have always felt that the current and previous versions of T&C's should be available on ISP's websites together with the dates on which they came into effect. Very easily done and makes everyones situation clear and easy to consult as well.

Excellent example here: http://www.utvinternet.com/legal/legal_information.aspx

I notice that Magnet's current ones to not appear to have a date?

On the other hand UPC actually withdrew the then current Terms and Conditions from their website and substituted the new ones several weeks before they came into effect on 1st September last.:rolleyes:

Advertisement