Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

administrator problems

• 13-10-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

hi all ,looking for some help please ,my son (11)was on pc yesterday and created a new profile but he requires a password to enter and he cant remember it:mad:.however he seems to have made changes to my profile that will not allow me to download programs or use system restore plus other problems like network diagnostics etc etc ,i get alerts saying i do not have permission to access or access denied can this issue be resolved .thanks in advance for replies its windows xp:eek::)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Do you remember the name of the account that you were using? You say that your son created a NEW, but the old account should still be in place... Can you remember what username you were logging in with?

There are a number of ways of cracking the Administrator password if you google for them, but I dont think I'm allowed to suggest them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

thanks for ur quick reply untill yesterday everybody used my profile on the pc but he wanted freedom:rolleyes:and decided to set up his profile but he must have all the administrator pivillages with his profile i coyuld give him freedom :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Lots of Windows XP installations I come across do not have passwords on the default administrator account (hidden account).

Restart the PC in safe mode (Keep pressing F8 before you see the windows logo).

Select Safe mode, try to login as the administrator, if you get in you will be able to change his password and your account type.

If that fails you could download, burn to cd and boot Ophcrack for windows XP
    http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livecd
    If the password does not contain symbols it should find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

hearny wrote: »
    Lots of Windows XP installations I come across do not have passwords on the default administrator account (hidden account).

Restart the PC in safe mode (Keep pressing F8 before you see the windows logo).

Select Safe mode, try to login as the administrator, if you get in you will be able to change his password and your account type.
    hi just like to say thanks for the above solution worked first time easy and simple to use and thanks again.

No problem glad I could help.

Advertisement