Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC BroadBand on Dunmore road - Slowness

• 13-10-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Has anyone on upc noticed their broadband speed dropping to below dialup speeds in the last day or so out around the Dunmore road?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Heathen wrote: »
    Hi all

Has anyone on upc noticed their broadband speed dropping to below dialup speeds in the last day or so out around the Dunmore road?

cheers

not at home at the moment but will check mine later and see if the speed has dropped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I have spoken to 2 or 3 people in work today who have said the same to me now.. so it would seem that there is an issue out the Dunmore RD. i might give them a bell after work and see whats going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Mine is incredibly slow. Pages are taking ages to load and an update for avg downloaded at 4.1 kb/sec!! :( another update I got for my flash player took about 15 mins too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Mine was bad last nite and earlier today but it seems to be back to normal...........for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭SLOOPY

Very slow last couple of evenings in the Browne's Road area.

Seems to be back to normal now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Heathen wrote: »
    Hi all

cheers

There's your problem right there. Chorus - Ntl - Chorus/Ntl - Upc whatever they want to call themselves, they are absolutely terrible and will always, always have some problem with the services they provide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

My results - UPC, Grantstown area:

989399990.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Seems ok in the Williamstown / Grange area too.

I downloaded 'Red' (> 900mb) in 9 mins this morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Yeah UPC had definately been slow in the evenings for the past few days, seems to be OK now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Dan133269 wrote: »
    There's your problem right there. Chorus - Ntl - Chorus/Ntl - Upc whatever they want to call themselves, they are absolutely terrible and will always, always have some problem with the services they provide.

I'm probably their biggest critic and have had running battles with them for the past few years but when their service works, it's generally perfect. I'm on a 30Mb line for the last year and have not had a single issue, in comparison to intermittent service for the previous few years. When their service is poor though it's desperate, there seems to be no middle ground with it at least in my experience anyway. It's a willing trade off when you consider the investment they made in delivering their current network speeds -- their base package and top package are unrivalled in comparison to say Eircom.

The best value in terms of accountability and actually getting a response is emailing their customer support and outline your problems. Putting in as much info as possible helps. Tell them you have tried power cycling the modem, connecting wired (rather then wireless) and basically answer any of their basic phone questions before they have a chance to ask you them in a return email. Also if you are a techy putting in pings and tracerts and links to speedtests really helps show that the problem is not on your end.

They normally ring you back or mail you something informative rather then the usual fob off on the phone which is most frustrating and to be fair is what adds to the negative image they have. If you email them enough highlighting the poor service they will give you a free month. I have done this in the past and I think my total free time is 5 months in the past 4 years of service with them which is not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

anyone else having problems today ? Mine has been down since last night .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Anyone on the Dunmore road getting brutal speeds...15Mb is operating at 2Mb :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

wellbutty wrote: »
    Anyone on the Dunmore road getting brutal speeds...15Mb is operating at 2Mb :mad:

Exact same yeah. On the Dunmore road and barely getting 1.5Mb right now.

Advertisement