Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€20.10 Room In Kilkenny / Parkwest

Options
  • 13-10-2010 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from Aspect Hotels, formerly Days Inn about this deal. Stayed in Days Kilkenny myself a while back and it was grand. Heres the info

We are delighted to announce the launch of Aspect Hotels.

Formerly Days Hotels,
    Aspect Hotel Kilkenny and Aspect Hotel Park West
    have re-branded under Ireland's newest hotel name.
    We have an amazing introductory offer for you, with hundreds of rooms available at an amazing rate of just €20.10 per night!

Just log on to our website: http://www.aspecthotels.com/intl/en/index.php
    Select your dates
    Enter the code 2010
    Book your room!

Aspect Hotels are mid-market 3 star full service hotels offering real value for money with a warm welcome and great service. Each Aspect Hotel has a style and character unique to it's location. Over the coming months, we will be adding more hotels to our portfolio, giving you a great choice of destinations in vibrant towns and cities.

The Boring Stuff

* You must book before 20th October 2010
    * Promotional rates valid for stays between now and 31st December 2010
    * Promotional rates are only bookable online at the hotel's website using the code 2010
    * Maximum length of stay is 2 nights, maximum number of rooms booked per reservation made is 2
    * Reservation must be fully pre-paid at time of booking with no changes or cancellations allowed
    * Promotional rates apply to new reservations only and cannot be applied to pre-booked accommodation
    * Rates are room only and are subject to availability
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

The booking page will not load

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Nice one, OP! Just booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

The booking page for the dublin hotel doesn't seem to load, only the kilkenny one

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

No fri/sat/sun nights available in Kilkenny and a lot of other dates gone too.

2e online booking fee also applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

He slunk,thanks a million,2 nights in Dublin,friday & sat 29/30 oct with 2 x 3 course meals 80euro.

thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Dublin page not loading :(

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

Thanks OP
    Before I book, does any one know if this also includes breakfast as well?

muppet_man wrote: »
    Thanks OP
    Before I book, does any one know if this also includes breakfast as well?
    :eek: thats a Negative you tight git!:D:D breakfast is a 10r pp

omahaid wrote: »

Guys,there is no problem if you go to the dub hotel site direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

omahaid wrote: »

You just need to add .com to the booking page, then it works fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Great find OP, just booked a sat night in Park West. I've stayed there a few times. You can get a bus into town every 35 mins and a Taxi is about 20 euro out at night. Its a bit out but 22 quid for the hotel and 20 quid for a taxi makes it a cheap hotel. There is a Bar in the Lobby and the Rooms are spotless. I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

great find op and for once im not too late.

2 nights in parkwest next month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Hi nulabert.what number is the bus into City centre that you mention and where does it drop in city .I just booked this hotel for 26th October for my wife and sister who are attending Lady Gaga concert in O2.They are very happy about the bargain as they were gonna drive back to Galway after the concert .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

EDIT: Nevermind, I was whinging about a change of terms that doesnt exist, I just successfully booked a November date.

Hope they have plenty of wireless interwebz for when the all the boardsie eggheads check in! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

ballybro wrote: »
    Hi nulabert.what number is the bus into City centre that you mention and where does it drop in city .I just booked this hotel for 26th October for my wife and sister who are attending Lady Gaga concert in O2.They are very happy about the bargain as they were gonna drive back to Galway after the concert .
    Go to dublinbus.ie for all that info. Plus the hotel is directly in front of the Parkwest railway station so you can use the Arrow commuter line to/from Heuston and then jump on the Luas all the way to/from the O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

ballybro wrote: »

The 79a stops outside the hotel but I'd recommend walking 10 minutes to Nangor Road where you can catch the 151 all the way to the O2, you'll also save yourself the drudgery of the world tour of Ballyfermot that you get on the 79a.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

the tour of ballyfermot is god awful, especially on Sat afternoon when all the young lads smoke themselves silly upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

How reasonable is the walk to the Luas? That's what I had in mind moreso.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭breeno

Booked 7th November in Kilkenny for the night, cheers op! I'll be keeping an eye out for other boardsies!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

Thanks again OP.
    Just booked 8 & 9 Nov in Kilkenny. As a suprise I've refused to tell the war office where we are going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

Just booked a little break away in dub.. Well deserved if I do say so myself..
    Thanks OP ... Great find..

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

Thanks OP, booked a little family get away for December, 20 quid is a steal for any Hotel room!! :D

i had to cancel my booking and its only now i realise that the
    full amount i paid for 2 nites with breakfast and one dinner is
    non refundable
    that is ridiculous

mailburner wrote: »
    i had to cancel my booking and its only now i realise that the
    full amount i paid for 2 nites with breakfast and one dinner is
    non refundable
    that is ridiculous
    well that is a balls alright...... but it does state...... well you already know this,

what dates did you cancel? i just got another booking 19&20 nov

Thats 3 bookings for herself and I @ this hotel.:eek::D

well that is a balls alright...... but it does state...... well you already know this,

what dates did you cancel? i just got another booking 19&20 nov

Thats 3 bookings for herself and I @ this hotel.:eek::D

5th to 7th nov

i usually miss these deals and when i seen this late last wed nite
    i jumped at it before i read the term and cond.

even tho ive cancelled does this mean they can still hold the room
    for somebody else or is it still in my name even tho i cancelled?
    can i still go there even though ive cancelled?
    i mean ive paid for breakfast and dinner and been charged for both also
    even though i may never have either.
    theres a slim chance i can still go

ive just checked those dates and they are still available under the promotion,this could mean that they have released them for sale again under the promo:confused:
    sorry to sound so glum but i have a strong feeling your out of luck in all options,with trying to get a refund and trying to reuse the booking again.

I spoke to them the other night as i was trying to get a Thursday added onto my weekend away but i was told there were only so many rooms allocated for the promotion on any given night

ive just checked those dates and they are still available under the promotion,this could mean that they have released them for sale again under the promo:confused:
    sorry to sound so glum but i have a strong feeling your out of luck in all options,with trying to get a refund and trying to reuse the booking again.

I spoke to them the other night as i was trying to get a Thursday added onto my weekend away but i was told there were only so many rooms allocated for the promotion on any given night

what a piss off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Damnit, sickened I missed this, have a wedding in KK next weekend. Rang the hotel and they only released 2 rooms for next weekend at the promotional rate. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

consultech wrote: »
    How reasonable is the walk to the Luas? That's what I had in mind moreso.

Kylemore LUAS is about 40 minutes walk through a mostly industrial area. Wouldn't recommend it after dark, the 151 is a much better option.

Advertisement