Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rofl Aon, wtf?

• 13-10-2010 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

3 years no claims bonus with quinn, full license, 22 yrs old, offered me €631 renewal with 3rd party, fire + theft. 851 full comp. on a fazer 600

Ring up Aon, went through the motions. Quoted me €3350, 3rd party only.
    So basically, they said, **** off, we don't want your business.

Am too young for adelaide, so back to quinn i go :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Xios wrote: »
    3 years no claims bonus with quinn, full license, 22 yrs old, offered me €631 renewal with 3rd party, fire + theft. 851 full comp. on a fazer 600

Ring up Aon, went through the motions. Quoted me €3350, 3rd party only.
    So basically, they said, **** off, we don't want your business.

have you told them to give you that in writing - if they discriminate against you based on your age they could be in serious trouble.

chances are they will just quote you a silly price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Try to get a grade 2 assessment, I got a quote of €1500 TPFT on a Firestorm, 23, full license, 2 years NCB and Grade 2.

Roll on next June when I'll have my 2 years NCB :D Firestorm time baby :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

PCPhoto wrote: »
    have you told them to give you that in writing - if they discriminate against you based on your age they could be in serious trouble.

Attatched image shows the webform. 25-69 years old for ROI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

phone them for a quote - say that the online form wont accept some of your details.

if they say oh we dont insure anyone under 25 - ask them to give that to you in writing ....then goto a solicitor and sue them for ageism.

I'm no legal expert but pretty sure there was a case about this in the courts several years ago - and out of it a deal was done saying that age discrimination is illegal.

seek legal advice on it (check it out - it could pay for the next couple of years of tax/insurance for you)

oh dear god - I sound like one of them people that says sue sue sue over everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

PCPhoto wrote: »

Law here states that its only discrimination if your old. Not young. Hence all the "over 21" bars. You don't see any "under 40" signs anywhere do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

personally dont think its discrimination, and I think if you pushed it, they would probably just quote you something ludicrous

'.. well the guy on the internet said he was pretty sure, so I hereby demand a quote, under pain of solictor action!'
    'oh yes, very well then... that'll be 68 thousand euro please'

If you push it they will quote you, but it'll be something ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I had a similar experience with aon last week.
    I got my renewal from quinn for 800, called aon and they wanted 1400!! :eek:

I ended up going with adelaide for just under 600 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Xios wrote: »

Did you try Carole Nash?

I will try and find there contact details and post them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Carole Nash Details:

http://ireland.carolenash.com/

1800 818 751

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

KamiKazi wrote: »
    If you push it they will quote you, but it'll be something ridiculous.

No they won't. They can choose to quote or not, you need a letter from Three companys saying they won't quote you before you could involve the ombudsman. And he would probably redirect you back to one of the other three.

No they won't. They can choose to quote or not, you need a letter from Three companys saying they won't quote you before you could involve the ombudsman.

That's what I meant by "push it".

Dunno about the ombudsman telling him to use a different insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Carole Nash Details:

http://ireland.carolenash.com/

1800 818 751

If that number does not work, try 1890 947 504

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

My current quotes are: 404 from CN, 544 from Quinn, 1,035 from Aon.

"WTF" is right!

Advertisement