Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car insurance-will my premium jump up?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

quick question...

Im currently insured with company A, myself and my partner, fully comp, and I paid extra to have full no claims bonus insured.

This policy expires in 24 hours from now, my missus has just rang to say she hit a car in a car park, paint damage and possible dent over wheel arch of other car. She left a note under the wiper with her details.

She wants to pay it herself, unless its too much in which case it will have to go through the insurance co.

I am not renewing with company A, I have already given payment to company B, insurance disk arrived today.

If this goes through the insurance company, what next? Do I have to call my new insurer to explain, and will my policy jump up, or will it remain the same as I have my NCB insured?

pretty worried, thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

It's messy but I would ring your new insurer to be safe, they are best to advise.
    I got caught with an open claim this year aswell at renewal & was forced to stay with my original insurer.

On another point be careful how you proceed with claim as my wife did the same thing with my car.
    We put it through my insurance as I had step back protection although my wife also had her own insurance on her own car.
    The claim is still open as my insurance company are going after her insurance company for half the damages.
    This may/will mean that her NCB is affected aswell.
    Times like these makes you wish you did this.

def49fd859b9c58c.jpg

Advertisement