Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dial Tone Telephone. help needed

• 13-10-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I was rummaging around the attic the other day and I found a cool old Siemens Dialtone phone, one problem though there was no telephone cable to plug into the socket. Was looking to rewire it but the wires seem to be completely different to modern phones, anyone with any body have aany bright ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd say your Siemens might have a BT connection. If it does then you can but an adapter cable.

Can you post pics of the connection on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Take the phone socket off the wall, a bit of trial error will tell you which connections to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

aujopimur wrote: »
    Take the phone socket off the wall, a bit of trial error will tell you which connections to use.

That may not help too much as he doesn't have the cable to connect to the phone.

But if the OP does want to go down that route this might help. A standard RJ11 connection at the phone socket on the wall has 4 contacts - the centre pair of contacts are the ones needed. Without seeing the connection on the phone I've no idea where he need to connect them to the phone.

But yes - with trial and error it can be done. Mechanically connecting the wire to the phone may be a little more difficult without the appropriate plug

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭imasmeasmecanbe

Thanks Crosstown, I've had a look closer look and where other phones would only use the two centres this appears to use all four wires.... definitely not a bt connection, as i said it is no connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,330 ✭✭✭✭phog

Are you talking the cable from the phone to the connection box and the cable having spade type connectors, like these?

• Advertisement
Advertisement