Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im thinking about getting a new phone (6630 or 7610)

Options
  • 28-11-2004 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Hi o/

Christmas is coming up, and im going to start saving for a new phone. I like the sound of the features on the Nokia 7610, but the mono MP3's is a worrying. Because that's one of the features I would be using all the time.
    The 6630 is what I would go for, only the price. Jesus, I found a site asking for €919 for it... can anyone tell me where I can get one at a reasonable price, or even tell me what sort of price I would be looking at?

Otherwise I will probably go for the 7610, unless people have some bad words to say about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have the 7610 and have nothing but good things to say about it.. The 6630 will probably be released by Vodafone close to, if not just after Christmas on Postpaid only. I have been messing around with one and its very impressive also.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Are you buying sim free or can you go on contract/upgrade.
    I'm in the same position. I want to change my current phone and am considering a 7610/6670 sim free or hold out for another while, see what the 6630 looks like, see what bugs crop up on such a new phone/technology and hope that vodafone offer me an upgrade. 7610/6670 are reasonable money on ebay at the minute but I would say 6630 will be big money for another while.
    I'm really tempted to buy the 7610/6670 now and wait to see what comes out on 3G in the next 6-12 months. You need to also way up how much use you will get out of 3G at the minute which is hard when the thought of getting a new phone like that is hanging over the whole thing.
    One other thing have you seen the tariff options for the vodafone 3G service 69 or 99 euros, pretty steep!!
    Does anyone know how the tariff thing works, are these the only ones you can sign upto to use 3G or can you keep your regular tariff and pay for 3G service (info downloads) as you use it it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

richieg wrote:
    Are you buying sim free or can you go on contract/upgrade.
    I will most likely be getting an upgrade, off my dads phone. He has no use for such a phone, and he is constantly being given upgrades because he uses his phone so much. Some months the bill is 300+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

If you want to wait until vodafone release the 6630 it should come in around 260 on contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

If you want to wait until vodafone release the 6630 it should come in around 260 on contract.

Ah, but when will that be? Before christmas?

• Advertisement

mang87 wrote:
    Ah, but when will that be? Before christmas?

Supposedly so. Was told the SE will be out next week and the 6630 shortly after. 260 will be the very lowest price when connection on a high tariff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭absolut3_slim

Can anyone tell me how big is a 7610?Size wise compared to another phone?

Can anyone tell me how big is a 7610?Size wise compared to another phone?

Dont have another phone handy at the moment but here is a pic anywayL

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Does anyone have an image of the 6630 against any other phone, e.g 6600, 7610, 6230?

richieg wrote:
    Does anyone have an image of the 6630 against any other phone, e.g 6600, 7610, 6230?

Jaysus, very demading. Will see what I can get..

• Advertisement
Advertisement