Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI - How long does an international money transfer take?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hello to all

Did a international money transfer from my BOI online account to Barclays account in England on Sunday night. How long will it take before the money goes into the account over there?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Not quite sure with BOI, but I'm with AIB, so just checked there and it's pretty much same day (but not guaranteed) for urgent transfers (pay a fee) or up to 3 business days for standard transfer (free).

I would assume that BOI timeframes are similar (although, I do know they are a bit slower than BOI for local transfers, so might be the same for international).

Didn't it say how long it would take when you did it? Try it again (just don't go all the way and execute) and see if there is any help function or detailed information etc on the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

I transfer from BOI to a UK band a/c at least once a month.

It usually takes approx 5 working days for me...and a transfer initiated on Sun night is unlikely to be processed until Monday. So it *might*be available by Friday, more lilkely to be the following Monday.

Can be done quicker, but you pay for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

AIB is the fastest so far that i have encountered, for a small fee = same day, otherwise usually next banking day within Eu.

(Comparing to PTSB to Aib = 3 banking days) :p

Advertisement