Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

28yrs private sector, which PRSA for me?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi Everyone,

The time has come to start my pension and I am trying to decipher all of the options. I am 28yrs old and work in a small private sector company; I currently pay 41% tax on approx €5000 per year and it is this portion of my 2009 income I wish to put in a pension before the October 31st 2010 deadline (I'm cutting it fine I know!)

I believe a PRSA is the best option for me (so that a future employer would also have the option of paying in) and I would prefer to make an annual contribution rather than a monthly one so I could vary the amount annually depending on my circumstances and earnings.

My employer offers an option with AIB but the charges are high.

Would anyone have any recommendations for me?

I do have family that can set up with pension with a number of providers without commission - Standard Life and Hibernian - if that makes a difference.

Any advice is much appreciated!

G*

Comments

Advertisement