Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things found in chocolate and i dont mean nuts

Options
  • 13-10-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I bought a packet of snax type chocolate biscuits and broke it in half eat one half and looked into the second half just about to put it into my mouth and felt a tickle on my lip and pulled back well this 2" hair dangled from it !!!
    i pulled at it but it was well stuck in the chocolate !!!!

yuck youck and a few other words came to mind !!

so i thought any one else ever come accross this , what do ye think i shoud do ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I haven't come across anything like that but I have a friend who found part of a finger nail in a chocolate bar.

If you still have the bar send it back to the manufactor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Gross, send it back to the manufacturer and keep a copy of your letter and a photo of your choc bar.

Anytime I heard of people returning crisps / popcorn etc to the manufacturer they got sent a big box of crisps in compensation. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I found a shell, like a small snail's shell, stuck to a chocolate before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye they used to send something by way of compensation.
    You need to state where & when you bought it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I was eating a Jacob's Fig Roll a few years back and thank God for having a strage Fig Roll eating ritual. I nibbled the biscuit layer off and then roll up the fig bit. Mid nibble, I saw this very very coarse hair protruding from my sticky fig centre. It was definitely a pube.. Definitely. OR a ridiculously frizzy, grizzled eye brow from a monkey.. I called Jacob's and they said there was no way a hair could have gotten into it, so I sent it off and never heard anything since..

I took pictures of it. Will have to dig them out and post them up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

my story is very like yours ! simular facts just a different produck in their range . I rang jacobs fruitfield and a lovely lady has now sent me out a self free post envelope to post back my hairy chocolate club milk .

i tool photos but you could not realy see so clear but maybe if i load them up they might be better.

in the letter it says they will sent written details as soon as they have results and reimburse my cost with a replacement product !!!

looks good right now so will pop it in the post now soon so should have some reply by xmas !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Bought the hubby a box of 3 walnut whips last year, he opens one up and it looked like some of the whip had escaped-on closer inspection we realised it was a coccoon of sorts woven by the little maggoty/caterpillar like animal hiding in the grooves of chocolate!! Yummy!! He went on to eat the other walnut whips-had a few phone calls and emails with nestle-ended up getting 25e from them-seems it couldn't be proven that the insect(a cocoa moth) originated with them-the shop could also be at fault. Have some photos in a hard drive somewhere, must root them out-they make it look even worse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Straight back to the manufacturere. They need to know of any issues with there product. Plus its not acceptable for anyone to receive a product with this kinda stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

I just opened a box of Cadbury's Roses before I started reading this. Going to be scrutinizing them all very carefully!

I recently got a cake from Superquinn for my husband's birthday. He was eating a piece and found what appeared to be a pin from an item of jewellery in it. Took it back and showed the manager and he was shocked. Gave me a full refund and a massive big chocolate gateaux to make up for it.

Advertisement