Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Drunk Do You Get On A Night Out?

• 13-10-2010 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

On a scale of one (sober) to 10 (hospitalised) how drunk would you get on a night at, if at all?

I'd say I go for a 6-7. I drink enough to feel the effects the next morning.

How drunk would you typically get on a night out? 95 votes

1 (Sober)
    0%
    2 (A pint or two)
    6%
    [Deleted User]Kimono-Girlthebull09Des CarterDelicate_Dliteflash1080 6 votes
    3 (Happy after four pints)
    2%
    DonkeyStyle \o/Biggins 2 votes
    4 (Articulate drunk)
    8%
    PherekydesKTRICgerk86notahopeinhell[Deleted User]Kentobigneacystarlit 8 votes
    5 (Idiot drunk after 6 or seven pints/ a nagin)
    32%
    DermoLa_GordyKilOitPyr0Ciaran500KevoAuversmuppetkillercgordonfreemanbarbiegirlaibbyhomerun_homerthee glitzanniehooBaron_KunkelTheZohanScoconut5evercloserunionMimojoMingulayJohnny 31 votes
    6 (Definitely drunk)
    10%
    PatricideLC_ughProfessey Chincandy-gal1D'Aggerthemandan6611ghosttownalwaysadubcoach22imwatchingyou 10 votes
    7 (Passed out Drunk)
    29%
    Jimrain onKamiKazismashjohnny_adidasBeanmachineKevskiFreudianSlippersbantee[Deleted User]cherryghostLukker-FlecktarnLizTNothingManDiabhal Beagone2oneJimmy IovineKeithM89_oldGrizzlyMan 28 votes
    8 (Vomitting drunk)
    3%
    orourkedadf1985scientific1982 3 votes
    9 (Going home early do to drunkeness
    2%
    GavRedKingpinkstars 2 votes
    10 (Hospitalised)
    5%
    nxbyveromdwjpgJohnny BittepoppyvalleyPauletaUsain Bolt 5 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

7 (Passed out Drunk)
    I don't drink shots or shorts much but after about 10-15 beers I'm generally drunk enough to give a lap dance to an asian guy and his sister....aparently. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

6 (Definitely drunk)
    about a 5 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

2 (A pint or two)
    im a 1 sober, i do not really drink anymore...alcohol does not agree with me! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

7 (Passed out Drunk)
    I'd say 6 or 7. 5 is ridiculous for me.. I definitely wouldn't be that drunk after 6 or 7 pints and especially not after a nagin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

I voted four, I'm no fun in my old age of 20.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

7 (Passed out Drunk)
    Shouldn't 8 (vomiting drunk) come BEFORE 7 (passed out drunk)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

6 (Definitely drunk)
    I'd give it a 6 or so - I'm never falling around the place but I'll be talking to people for a while before realising that I've been rambling - gone waaaaay off the original point.

I never appear as drunk as I am either which is odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

7 (Passed out Drunk)
    Susie_Q wrote: »
    Shouldn't 8 (vomiting drunk) come BEFORE 7 (passed out drunk)?
    Yeah, unless you vomit when passed out. That's a recipe for death there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

cant afford to drink ..... so havent had a drop in a few months.

in the past ... would normally be tipsy ...then happy drunk .... and despite copious amounts I'd just be a happy drunk ....hurts the wallet tho - used to buy loads of people drinks.

most expensive drinkies session was in Sweden a number of years ago - ended out putting the credit card behind the bar.... bill of about €750....on top of whatever I spent in cash before I put the card behind the bar (which I dont remember)

2 (A pint or two)
    I'd be a 1.

(you know "do to" doesn't make any sense, right? :confused:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Shouldn't 8(vomiting drunk) come BEFORE 7(passed out drunk)?

Nope, I've checked and 7 comes before 8.

See: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 imwatchingyou

6 (Definitely drunk)
    6/7 pints and im as happy as larry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

6 (Definitely drunk)
    It depends. Someone people don't realise i'm drunk, even though i've had a fair few, other times i'm all over the place after just a couple. I'm not really a falling over drunk type of person anyway, i can handle my drink well enough.....well so i think anyway, others might disagree!

So i'll go for a 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When I go out I very rarely remember getting home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

10 (Hospitalised)
    Always always going home. Fecking eejit.
    Got a bit better recently but that sleepy beast is alway lurking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

9 (Going home early do to drunkeness
    About 8, I dont get sick but I dont pass out and I dont go to the hospital or leave early, I generally remember very little, but for a few memories of the night before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

It should be vomiting -> going home early -> passed out, or else going home early -> vomiting -> passed out.

In fact, if "Going home early do to drunkeness" means voluntarily going home, then it should come before five, because no one who is idiot drunk or above will voluntarily choose not to drink more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

4 (Articulate drunk)
    On average for me its on a scale from 2-4.

7 (Passed out Drunk)
    Some where around 6 to 8. Would be mostly 6 with the odd venture to 8 it would be very rare that id vomit. Id have 8 before 7 also. Dont ever remember passing out anywhere other than bed/a chair after getting home and thats probably sleep at that stage.

No way would Id be idiot drunk after 6 pints or a naggin, maybe after 6 pints and a naggin id be heading in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I've always just been a weekend drinker but when I'd go out I used to hit it pretty hard and regularly lose the last hour of the night but that all ended the night I in turn pulled the girl I had been into all summer then proceeded to get so drunk I went into some sort of fuge state and wandered home abandoning her, suffice to say i was promptly friendzoned but it was the kick up the ass I needed to get a grip of my drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

7 (Passed out Drunk)
    From a 6 to a 9. Haven't been hospitalised, yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Scale is all over the place... depends what kind of night it is tbh. Never been hospitalised but apart from that all bets are off. Could be one pint, could be none, could be one too many.

..and 6 or 7 pints... would be happy drunk. Either way different for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Jaysus, idiot drunk after a naggin of vodka? Light weights. Now a shoulder of vodka - there's a fire-lighter.

I think you've also mixed up 7 and 8. Most people becoming ridiculously pukey before they're comatose. Going the opposite way usually results in death.

In my younger days, eh, 4 years ago, I would typically be a 7. Every Saturday night, slitty-eyed, stumbling and talking complete and utter bull until I wake up the next morning, roughly remembering how I got home, but forgetting how I got into bed.

Now I'd generally be between a 4 and 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

8 (Vomitting drunk)
    i very rarely get sick from drink which is a curse because the hangover lasts longer-if i could just get sick id be grand but i have to wait through my body breaking the booze down.

when I go out I generally get hammered, i can stand up, walk (maybe wobbly), dance like a retard. when i wake up though theres always an hour or so thats a blank or hazy. I get messy is how id describe it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Ive been over 6 7 8 and 9 but never hospitalised 9.95 shall we say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭mojesius

7 (Passed out Drunk)
    These days, a 6. Once, I got hospitalised after a not so pretty encounter with tequila. Since then, I'm more of a jager girl. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

+1 alwaysadub, i think i can handle my drink ok so im puttin myself down as 4, im probably more like a 6 though and talking complete bollix! Ive been told i dont look drunk even when ive had a fair few.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

7 (Passed out Drunk)
    Depends how much money I start off with. I generally drink a naggin before I go out and then i might have 5 or 6 then and I'd be fairly plastered. Sometimes I might have 3 or 4 after the naggin and I'd still be sorta drunk.

Regardless I drink until I'm down to my last 6 or so euro, then its taco fries time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I could quite happily drink 10-12 cans of 5% larger at home and I would be resonably drunk but not too bad, but give me 7-8 pints of Gunness at 4.3% in the pub and I will become wankered

dunno why :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

8 (Vomitting drunk)
    Auvers wrote: »
    I could quite happily drink 10-12 cans of 5% larger at home and I would be resonably drunk but not too bad, but give me 7-8 pints of Gunness at 4.3% in the pub and I will become wankered

dunno why :confused:

I have a friend like this, we thinks its down to adrenaline or the "excitement" of being in a pub or with a large amount of people. he goes from sober to giddy in ten minutes if loads of people show up.

Advertisement