Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im A Bad Drunk!

• 13-10-2010 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

(serious replies only please)

For years Ive had wine with the gf, whiskey and beers with the lads, the odd vodka, tequila and whatever else you care to imagine and never had any problems whatsoever.

Recently, Ive discovered Cachaca. On the last two occasions Ive consumed it all hell broke lose in a nightclub or in my hotel. My personality is not that of the aggressive sort, nor am I a confrontational person by any means - theres just something about this particular drink that makes me violent.

Has anyone had any experiences with certain alcohol that makes their mood change in comparison with others they consume...does different alcohol permit different mood swings and effects.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Stop drinking

And no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Don't know if it counts but the 3 times I've gone out and drank whiskey, I've done some seriously stupid things, 2 of which left scars. Whiskey is the devils drink for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

No, don't be a quitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Tennants .. linden village ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 imwatchingyou

sounds like me when i drink vodka lol
    thats why i never drink vodka anymore,just stop drinking it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Girlfriend says im a plonker on the JD, personally i cant see the difference, im a plonker anyway.. :cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

RedXIV wrote: »
    Don't know if it counts but the 3 times I've gone out and drank whiskey, I've done some seriously stupid things, 2 of which left scars. Whiskey is the devils drink for me

Funnily enough. I could drink Captain Morgan or JD all night and still feel 100% in the morning. Tis great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

No i've never had that kind of experience with any alchohol. Seriously, for your own sake quit that sh1t. I despise people who on drink turn into complete scumbags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

This reminds me of the old Henny Youngman joke.

Man goes to the doctor and says 'Doc ...it hurts when I do this'.

The Doctor says 'then stop doing that'.

Cachaca is the problem ? Cut out the Cachaca.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i love whiskey - but it doesnt love me - so i dont drink more than a couple in one sitting anymore.

apart from the sleeping walking and pissing in wardrobes, i can get fairly agressive if wound up the wrong way

• Advertisement

For years Ive had wine with the gf, whiskey and beers with the lads, the odd vodka, tequila and whatever else you care to imagine and never had any problems whatsoever.

Recently, Ive discovered Cachaca. On the last two occasions Ive consumed it all hell broke lose in a nightclub or in my hotel. My personality is not that of the aggressive sort, nor am I a confrontational person by any means - theres just something about this particular drink that makes me violent.

Has anyone had any experiences with certain alcohol that makes their mood change in comparison with others they consume...does different alcohol permit different mood swings and effects.

:rolleyes:
    As time goes on I become more convinced that people act exactly as they want to when drunk. There's no difference between drinks.

If you're a "bad drunk" stop drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Stop drinking the drink that makes you a bad drunk.

My dad can't drink Whiskey as it tends to make him aggressive, and I can't drink Vodka in any decent quantity because anything is liable to happen though I usually blackout good and proper and turn into a messy drunk.

That being said, drinking a lot of bourbon one particular night resulted in me becoming an abusive drunk, but it really was the exception - I don't think it's happened ever again and I've drank it on plenty of occassions since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Certain people just cant handle spirits. Stick to the low alcohol beers OP...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

bluewolf wrote: »
    As time goes on I become more convinced that people act exactly as they want to when drunk. There's no difference between drinks.

i think this is a bit harsh. some people react very differently on certain drinks than they do on others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Tequila makes me crazy. Not really violent, but like I'd do almost anything.

Whiskey however makes me a bit violent which is not good because I'm about 5ft9in. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

Not a big deal just stop drinking that which makes you angry or overly emotional.
    I often think its not the drink but the state of mind/reason for drinking that determines the type of attitude you will have when your drunk.
    Having said that i cant drink vodka , tesco cider (shudder) or druids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

I also cannot drink whiskey. I'm a very passive kind of dude, but I turn into a complete pr*ck when I drink whiskey. Seems to be a family thing, my dad and his dad were exactly the same.

Luckily though, I can drink ANYTHING else without any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

While I do believe that the reasons behind drinking, attitude of the person on the night/mood of the person on the night do have an effect, certain drinks do effect people differently. Ethanol isn't the only ingredient in alcoholic beverages, and it does metabolise differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Not true with me. Im generally a happy drunk with every drink bar whiskey. I used to drink Southern Comfort and i cannot handle it at all in any shape or form as i just ended up "messy drunk" so i was a pain in the arse to my mates. Never touch it now! My best friend goes nuts on vodka, really argumentative and agressive. Her husband cringes if she so much as touches the stuff on a night out as he has to watch what he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I think there is different effects with different drinks...

Whiskey makes some people very angry.
    Beer tends to make people mellow.
    Tequila makes people felonious.
    Gin makes you cry.
    Cider makes you discuss your diarrhea in a popular messageboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Start drinkin it every night! You'll eventually get used to it! I used to be a vomitous drunk when i was 18. Now, after 10 years of practice, I never puke! It'll be the same here. Trust me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

whiskey makes me pee my jocks and crap the bed.

I tend to drink pints instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

I'm sure there could probably be somebody who will contradict me on this but I'm convinced that different spirits can affect different people in certain ways. I can drink a large amount of beer & wine and still be standing and coherent. Sometimes I'll have a whiskey if somebody offers me one in their house but I don't really drink it otherwise, it makes me drowsy. I like a good vodka and can handle it pretty well , I also like the odd cocktail if it's made well.

But one thing I discovered over the years is if I drink Gin I'm like a bear with a sore paw. Melancholic , frustrated and borderline aggressive. I don't know if it's the Juniper berries but it has happened even when I was bought cocktails and I only found after checking that there was gin in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

flyton5 wrote: »
    Certain people just cant handle spirits. Stick to the low alcohol beers OP...

Thats quite an assumption.

Particularly the part about the beers. I have little love for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭invaderjim

I find that your behaviour can vary between different types of drinks but also depends on if you haven't eaten drink and are drinking on an empty stomach or if you have been exercising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Stop ?
    ........Defeatist.
    One can always improve at anything one sets ones mind to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭MingulayJohnny

I also had a housemate about four years ago and if I was there on a Sunday night I could tell if he'd been drinking gin based on the way he walked in the door. He would fling the door open and announce himself with a roar and ten minutes later he'd be crying at something on the television. It used to wreck my head tbh , crazy , crazy fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

wine, woke up behind a couch in a strangers house with last nights dinner on the floor beside me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

But one thing I discovered over the years is if I drink Gin I'm like a bear with a sore paw. Melancholic , frustrated and borderline aggressive. I don't know if it's the Juniper berries but it has happened even when I was bought cocktails and I only found after checking that there was gin in it.

My mammy drunk nothing but gin. She'd be always happy and start singing, god rest her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I'm 99% a beer drinker but have gotten drunk on Jaeger, vodka, whiskey or cocktails before and in general I'm the exact same. If I'm tired I'll eventually curl up and sleep somewhere if I'm not I'll probably be dancing or stripping somewhere. Don't think the type really effects my mood.

Have never gotten in a fight when drunk because I'd never get in a fight when sober.

Advertisement