Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im A Bad Drunk!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

i've drank MOST drinks at this point, and my drink of choice now, is a double JD and coke. i never get singles of it, because you cant get the taste off the whiskey enough.

anyway, knowing that i am able to handle a LOT of whiskey, and anything else really, vodka etc... there was ONE time we came back from a gig and there was no other booze in the house apart from a bottle of gin.

LITERALLY after i had half the glass gone (it was mixed with 7up) i ended up balling my eyes out uncontrollably for about an hour. it DEFINITELY makes you sad. i couldnt stop all these horrible sad thoughts coming into my head and i havent touched the stuff ever since. it's really bad.

definitely a horrible horrible one for me. i'll stick to the double whiskeys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

i've drank MOST drinks at this point, and my drink of choice now, is a double JD and coke. i never get singles of it, because you cant get the taste off the whiskey enough.

anyway, knowing that i am able to handle a LOT of whiskey, and anything else really, vodka etc... there was ONE time we came back from a gig and there was no other booze in the house apart from a bottle of gin.

LITERALLY after i had half the glass gone (it was mixed with 7up) i ended up balling my eyes out uncontrollably for about an hour. it DEFINITELY makes you sad. i couldnt stop all these horrible sad thoughts coming into my head and i havent touched the stuff ever since. it's really bad.

definitely a horrible horrible one for me. i'll stick to the double whiskeys
    True story, gin makes people depressed ive both seen and experienced it.

Rum makes me feel like a pirate, especially since i swig it from the bottle :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Teutorix wrote: »
    wine, woke up behind a couch in a strangers house with last nights dinner on the floor beside me.

http://www.plenty.co.uk/images/one_sheet_does_plenty_small.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Vodka makes me crazy, and I never remember the night when I drink it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've dubbed Buckfast as a bottle of bad news. Nights tend to be crazy when I've been drinking that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Im another one that whiskey doesnt really agree with, makes me moody, sometimes aggressive. its a shame because i love jameson and red but cant have it in big quantities.

I can drink vodka like water, just makes me happy and act the eejit. can drink rum no problems.

Redbull as a mixer and im a lunatic, but thats expected i suppose knowing whats in redbull.

sambuca=blackouts, tequila=no problems.

At the same time though, if you have something bothering you/on your mind/something you're stressed about, any type of alcohol in big enough quantities will bring it out.Have personal experience of this recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Apparently
    So you think certain drinks make you act unlike yourself?

The fact is though, all the booze contained in every alcoholic drink is pretty much the same stuff - whether its lager, stout, wine, vodka, cider, whiskey, tequila, whatever - in simple terms, its really just ethanol with some flavourings. Alcohol is alcohol...

But how come we're all familiar with the reputation of certain drinks? For example, you'd probably expect that alcohol - particularly whiskey or strong lager - increases testosterone levels in men, right? Wrong. All types of booze make a lad's testosterone levels drop. After a big session you might only have half the testosterone you started with and it could be three days before you get it back up there, so to speak.
    So why can personal experience tell you that some drinks affect you differently? One theory is that if you expect to react in a certain way to a certain drink, you probably will.

Several studies have been done where volunteers are given free booze if they take part in a study on the effects of alcohol, but half are given alcohol-free substitutes. Sneaky tricks like rubbing some alcohol around the rim of the glass helped to dupe the volunteers into thinking they were drinking the real deal. The researchers weren't being tight, this was the point of the experiment. And you'll never guess what happened. About 80% of the 'sober' volunteers who thought they were on the lash for free, started acting like they were drunk. They were talking louder, staggering about, feeling dizzy, slurring their speech, tripping up - yet they all would have passed a breathalyser test.

If you still think that certain drinks make you act unlike yourself, maybe it's not the drink but how and how much you're drinking.

From the Drink Aware site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Teutorix wrote: »
    wine, woke up behind a couch in a strangers house with last nights dinner on the floor beside me.

Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand
    Whose wine, what wine, where the hell did I dine?
    Must have been a dream I don’t believe where I’ve been
    Come on - you wanna do it again?
    Do you, you feel like I do?

There is a music lyric for every occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Recently, Ive discovered Cachaca.

Where did you get this drink and how much? :D
    If you're getting confrontational because of this particular drink maybe
    it's because your not confrontational enough in daily life.
    Part of the driunkards philosophy ;)

To the people who take the moral high ground claiming that drinking brings
    out the true inner self of a person I'm going to say you haven't a clue
    what you're talking about - mainly because you don't drink :p

I've come to realise through painful experience that when you've had a bad
    night from drinking it's because what you've really been doing is indulging in
    the inner confusion you've been feeling while sober & couldn't express, it
    builds up & then when your mind and body are physically weakened by
    booze it can take hold. It points to the fact your lacking in something in
    your daily life & not satisfying, it just explains why you should never ever
    drink while depressed of feeling rough, definitely for me anyway.
    Couple alcohol with a sensitive brain set up & you've got haywire so
    if all drink messes you up or depresses you get off the stuff! If it's one
    drink it's either all in your mind & being reinforced by psychological
    positive feedback (i.e. oh this drink gets me angry but others don't, you're
    just playing mind games on yourself
    ) or you've had a bad day or there's
    something seriously repressed just waiting to be expressed in other ways -
    namely anger because it's the easiest & serves as a release.

Just what I think anyway...

To the people who take the moral high ground claiming that drinking brings
    out the true inner self of a person I'm going to say you haven't a clue
    what you're talking about - mainly because you don't drink :p

I have absolutely no idea why everyone thinks people who don't drink never drank. :confused: Do you really think that anyone who starts drinking will never ever give it up?
    Anyway good to know the drinkaware site backs me up on this one.
    I'm highly skeptical, I really am. Self-fulfilling prophecies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Whiskey makes me aggressive but its so ****in tasty. I try and limit my consumption and get people to tell me if im being a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

I never said that, I said people who don't drink, as in drink actively. Have
    you never had those kind of people give that lecture, about drink bringing
    out your true self, i.e. if you go crazy because of drink once then that
    means you really are a bad person inside. I've heard that kind of conversation
    more than once & it's ridiculous, from non-drinkers. Personally I think that
    outlook is just a mental justification to those who don't drink.
    But I agree, people act as they want to i.e. do not repress it. However,
    when people get violent or angry - if that's what they wanted then fine,
    but when they wake up & wonder why whatever happened last night
    happened then what I wrote is what I think explains it.
    But, think about it. When a person gets really angry at a bus stop and
    smashes it because they were hammered, were they angry at the
    bus stop? :D They certainly acted as they wanted to, namely to smash
    the window in the fit of anger but is that really how they wanted things
    to go & is that how they really would have chosen to deal with that
    anger had they been given the chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

I don't buy in to this ''Oh I get so aggro on whiskey'' bull****

You get aggro cause you're a cunt and can't handle alcohol, not because of the type of alcohol you drank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Drinking lowers inhibitions and this is a FACT. People do stupid stuff with the effects of alcohol, it makes them more daring and kind of gives them confidence. I do not believe for one second that people don't lose their common sense and sense of dignity when drunk. FFS thats like saying you didn't crash your car because you were drunk, you are just a bad driver!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

listermint wrote: »
    Girlfriend says im a plonker on the JD, personally i cant see the difference, im a plonker anyway.. :cool:
    Everyone is a plonker on JD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I dunno.
    2 weeks ago I smashed a naggin off my head.
    Funfun:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

bluewolf wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    As time goes on I become more convinced that people act exactly as they want to when drunk. There's no difference between drinks.

If you're a "bad drunk" stop drinking.
    I disagree.
    More later.
    Apparently

From the Drink Aware site.
    80% of people are idiots. No news there.

I firmly believe it's all down to the individual.

The only time I have ever thrown up the morning after drinking was after Pernod and black.
    The only time I was ever arrested was after Vodka.
    The only time I have ever started a fight without someone pushing me to the limit was after cider.

I have not had any problems with beer since i was 17. Therefore I only drink beer. It works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Terry wrote: »
    The only time I have ever thrown up the morning after drinking was after Pernod and black.
    The only time I was ever arrested was after Vodka.
    The only time I have ever started a fight without someone pushing me to the limit was after cider.

Ah, there's your problem, too small a sample size. To be properly sure, you'd need to spend twenty nights on each, and make sure you can't tell what you're drinking at any point. If you then have an arrest record that matches the Smirnoff purchases on your bank statements, I'll believe you. Oh, and you'll need to do it with a few other people at the same time - thirty or so should do it.

*Please note: don't do this. In fact, avoid any research where a positive correlation involves repeated vomiting, arrests, or assaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

El Weirdo wrote: »

My fave drink so i have to disagree...

Last time i drank white wine i crawled out of a couch naked... fair to say it hasnt been touched since :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

El Weirdo wrote: »

just found out there im going to be a plonker on JD this weekend :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I've not had a drink yet that makes me do stupid sh*t, however there are many I have not tried yet...like Bucky, or a decent bourbon.

I'd be in great form after spirits, I dont drink cider as it's pure mank horrible, and beer just makes me pi$$ alot.

White wine or gin make me horrendously drunk though >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sallymae

it's the vodka for me so I never drink it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Whiskey would be my favourite drink and I find it doesn't effect me adversely. I'm not bragging but I'm a big enough chap with a high muscle mass. The other night I brought a naggin of JD to my friends party and after I finished that I realised I still wasn't drunk. I got my friend to drive me to the off license and bought a shoulder of Jameson and drank that. I was fairly drunk but not staggering around the place, starting fights or vomiting.

The way I see it you'll get dickheads who'll get drunk on pints and start fights. If your predisposed to that sort of behavior then its really going to show when your drunk.

My mother (I'm 18 repeating 6th year) keeps getting onto me about the people in her family who drank whiskey all turned out to be alcoholics and she won't accept that it just doesn't affect me that way. I don't drink every night only at weekends and even at that normally only every second weekend. Whiskey just has this bad name for some reason I can't figure out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It all depends on ones mood before inebriation takes hold

nothing to do with different types of beverage consumed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Last time I drank whiskey I woke up wet and fully clothed in a bathtub, so I don't drink whiskey anymore. Gin makes me feel a bit emotional, so I don't drink that anymore either.

Beer suits me best, so I mostly drink that. Though I'm a sucker for shots or a vodka and red bull once I can't fit anymore beers into me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

only ever got drunk an bucky once and what was goin through my head,kinda scares me,so dont think il drink much of it again.smirnoff ice and jager makes me blackout anytime ive drank 2 or more of them i black out.doesnt stop me drinking it once or twice a year.it yummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

JayEnnis wrote: »
    My mother (I'm 18 repeating 6th year) keeps getting onto me about the people in her family who drank whiskey all turned out to be alcoholicsand she won't accept that it just doesn't affect me that way. I don't drink every night only at weekends and even at that normally only every second weekend. Whiskey just has this bad name for some reason I can't figure out.

*facepalm*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

orourkeda wrote: »
    whiskey makes me pee my jocks and crap the bed.

I tend to drink pints instead.

You TEND to?!?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭A racy brainrot

I never touch vodka. I get very ... flirty.
    Wine just makes me dizzy and silly. I can't relax and enjoy the drink.

I always drink JD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I'm not a bad drunk but there's a larger called Kokanee which I had to stop drinking because it was blowing the face off me.
    Something within the ingredients list doesn't agree with me.

Advertisement