Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fidelity Investments Galway?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Does anyone know what Fidelity Investments are like to work for? I am thinking about applying for a job there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

are they hiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GotBainne?

Anyone with info. about Fidelity, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

GotBainne? wrote: »
    Anyone with info. about Fidelity, please?

http://www.fiscireland.ie/OurLocationsGalway.html

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

They turned me down before I know that :-P I think..and don't ya love how arrogant this will sound. But I think I was too over qualified for the position. It was a graduates position but I had a few years experience and was working in probably a more difficult role at the time. They said my CV was very impressive but couldn't consider me at this time...B@stards..but in fairness to them they actually bothered to send me that..most don't let ya know you've been rejected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

They are hiring in significant numbers at the moment and into the next few months. Finding it hard to get people actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

JoeA3 wrote: »
    They are hiring in significant numbers at the moment and into the next few months. Finding it hard to get people actually!

LOL... 400,000+ people unemployed and they are finding it hard to recruit. Maybe the country has finally 'turned the corner'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

This happened to a friend, we'll call her Patricia:

Patricia applied for a graduate position that was advertised in their "GIFT" program towards the end of her fourth year of college in 2008, she was interested in large part because of the good things she'd heard from her friend (we'll call her Henrieta) who had joined the GIFT program the previous year.

Patricia was turned down by someone in HR saying that her skillset was unsuitable (Comp Sci degree + some experience in a technical role from taking a year out) for the program (it pretty much fit the description of what they were looking for originally and she went to the same college & got the same degree as Henrieta...)

Instead they asked Patricia if she would like to come in for an interview as a receptionist? She turned them down, hoping to instead maybe, uh, do something related to her degree.

A couple weeks later she accepted a job elsewhere.

A few months later, just before the GIFT program was to start, it transpired to Henrieta (employed at Fidelity) that those in charge of the program hadn't received the required number of people to fill the roles from HR. They didn't have enough people, although presumably HR had spent the past few months rejecting completely suitable candidates like Patricia. Henrieta told her boss about Patricia, who had been turned down by HR but had the same degree etc, and boss insisted that Henrieta call Patricia, even after Henrieta told them that Patricia had already accepted a position elsewhere.

Patricia was not particularly impressed with Fidelity, especially after that.

Anyway, all told if you can get past HR Henrieta seems to be very happy working for the company and depending on what area you're working in you can be offered contracts in the USA etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

scart wrote: »
    LOL... 400,000+ people unemployed and they are finding it hard to recruit. Maybe the country has finally 'turned the corner'

Yes, hard to believe maybe, but true. The numbers and/or quality of applicants seems to be in short supply in Galway.

Advertisement