If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earphones for Iphone

Options
  • 13-10-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I am looking for a decent pair of in-ear earphones to go with the iphone, as the headphones that come with the iphone as standard are so poor.

Have you any decent recommendations or ones in stock?

Thanks,

Conor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Conor.

There are lots of options on this one, but the most popular ones that we have are the Sennheiser CX300's MK2.

These are £14.95 as they are coming to end and for this price, they are an absolute steal. Be very careful if you are buying these on line as there are lots of copies around which look like they are the real thing, but they are not. Recently Sennheiser bought a few from several large online retailers and merchants and they were found to be copies.

They have great bass response, fit comfortably in your ear and I think for that price, are unbeatable.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

Hi Dave,

I'm also looking for a decent set of in ears. Was thinking of the Sennheiser MX series as I don't like the ear canal types.

Specifically, MX560, MX660, MX760 (Depending on price!). Do you stock these? If so could I get a price inclusive of delivery to Meath?

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Dave,

I'm also looking for a decent set of in ears. Was thinking of the Sennheiser MX series as I don't like the ear canal types.

Specifically, MX560, MX660, MX760 (Depending on price!). Do you stock these? If so could I get a price inclusive of delivery to Meath?

Thanks.

Guys I am also afflicted with the dreadful iPhone standard headphones - I was flying yesterday and could not face another flight with these so I grabbed a demo pair of the new O'Neill in-ear cans 'The Speckled' and they almost made Ryanair bearable!

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sho9552_10/sho9552_10_pss_eng.pdf

I have spent a lifetime using Sennheiser and I'm still a Sennheiser fan but these are just exceptional - they have a really narrow gauge fabric type non tangle cable - they are comfortable and hardly bleed ANY sound - and best of all they sound pretty amazing - I was using the iPhone in Flat EQ mode and there is really excellent bass without clouding any treble tones - to be honest I found them exceptional.

If you want a pair of cans with built in mic/controller to partner with your iPhone there is also 'The Covert' - I have a pair on demo but I have not tried them yet ( I will after yesterdays experience with 'The Speckled' though!) according to the printed spec the frequency range of 'The Covert' is not as wide as The Speckled' but it's still pretty good (I'll try them over the weekend and report early next week)

These are not cheap cans but honestly are really high quality - you just have to hold them to see where the money has gone!

The Speckled retails at €39.99 and comes in various colours.

The Covert including mic retails at €49.99 (but is a few weeks away yet)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

They're a bit pricey for my tastes at the mo John and they're also ear canal?

No dice on the Sennheiser MX's I mentioned?

They're a bit pricey for my tastes at the mo John and they're also ear canal?

No dice on the Sennheiser MX's I mentioned?

Sorry Vo,

Got carried away on a wave of enthuasism about the O'Neills and did not spot your MX request :o

I have a very few MX560's that I can do at £9.99 and the MX660 is available from stock at £12.99.

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Sorry Vo,

Got carried away on a wave of enthuasism about the O'Neills and did not spot your MX request :o

I have a very few MX560's that I can do at £9.99 and the MX660 is available from stock at £12.99.

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

How much for shipping John?

Vo,

well if you lived somewhere sensible like Dublin or Belfast we could arrange collection - but as you live in the sticks :D;) delivery would be £2.99....

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & the Townies

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cons55

Hi again,

Thanks for the info. Now you though the "speckled" into the mix, I am intrigued.
    If they made a Ryanair flight nearly bearable, thats some compliment.
    How would I go about paying for these or any of the other earphones, though here or the website?

Thanks,

Conor

cons55 wrote: »
    Hi again,

Thanks for the info. Now you though the "speckled" into the mix, I am intrigued.
    If they made a Ryanair flight nearly bearable, thats some compliment.
    How would I go about paying for these or any of the other earphones, though here or the website?

Thanks,

Conor

Conor,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - after yesterdays enjoyment - I have just ordered a rake of them to come in next week in various colours - if you PM or drop me an email to johnmc@richersounds.ie I'll give you a shout as soon as they arrive and get a pair in reserved for you.

They are really great - I'm going to try the full size ones over the weekend - however I'll have to that indoors as they are pretty funky (Skull Candy style) and I'll just look even more like a stupid old git than normal...:o

I'll post some pics soon..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Vo,

well if you lived somewhere sensible like Dublin or Belfast we could arrange collection - but as you live in the sticks :D;) delivery would be £2.99....

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & the Townies

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you John, its a bit hectic here. I can pick them (MX660's) up in the Philips shop tomorrow if thats possible?

I'll be making my once yearly epic journey to the big smoke!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you John, its a bit hectic here. I can pick them (MX660's) up in the Philips shop tomorrow if thats possible?

I'll be making my once yearly epic journey to the big smoke!

Vo,

Wooooooooo up there - Apologies Vo - those Sennheisers are only in stock in Belfast - I can arrange to get them into you to The Philips Shop but I'm too late for tomorrow - I presume you will be up with the rest of the 'ouha towners' on December 8th ( yep I know I'm digging a big hole for myself here and the shovel is just moving faster the more I type.....:eek:)

Would you like me to get them sent to you or for collection in The Philips Shop for early next week??

Keep me posted,

ATB,

j

Vo,

Wooooooooo up there - Apologies Vo - those Sennheisers are only in stock in Belfast - I can arrange to get them into you to The Philips Shop but I'm too late for tomorrow - I presume you will be up with the rest of the 'ouha towners' on December 8th ( yep I know I'm digging a big hole for myself here and the shovel is just moving faster the more I type.....:eek:)

Would you like me to get them sent to you or for collection in The Philips Shop for early next week??

Keep me posted,

ATB,

j

Lol....................I like to beat the rush. I'll PM you details for contact. I dunno when I'll be up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

John,
    are there more available?
    i would love to have one too

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.