Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People in Gym clothes?

• 13-10-2010 4:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I was in Dublin recently and noticed huge amount of people wearing gym and athletics clothes. People in tracksuits, wearing Adidas and Nike track pants and trainers also. Adidas and Nike hoodies also seem popular. I have seen this trend is Cork also.

Have people started going to the Gym more often now that tsome of them may be out of Work with the great recession.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I doubt people who aren't working are still paying high city centre gym fees. You should follow some girls and take pics so we can see what type of cloths you're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Knackers wear nothing but tracksuits, never see them in the gym though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

People lead active lifestyles and dress appropriately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Most of them are just going out shopping for pyjamas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Plenty of gyms offering discounts to the unemployed etc.

But my guess is that it's chav fashion; tracker knackers.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Teutorix wrote: »
    Knackers wear nothing but tracksuits, never see them in the gym though.

There's a gym down kimmage direction that's full to the brim with knackers...shootings and everything there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

I dont know where op has been for the last 20 odd years but people having been wearing sportwear without going to the gym for a long time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

don't gyms come with a changing room nowadays?

get changed there!

there's no need to wear gym clothes in public!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What rock have you been living under OP? or was it a bridge?

get changed there!

Some people exercise outside of gyms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Running from the guards is exercise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Welcome to 2001... also known as the PAST!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

flash1080 wrote: »
    Some people exercise outside of gyms.

and some people didn't think of that :o

krudler wrote: »

Businessmen wearing runners with suits to they can jump out of windows to get away from creditors is another form of exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

flash1080 wrote: »
    Businessmen wearing runners with suits to they can jump out of windows to get away from creditors is another form of exercise.

Depends on how high up the windows are . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Me_Grapes

If tracksuits looked as good as they felt to wear, they'd be on display in every single catwalk in Milan, Paris, London etc, and Georgio Armani would be a pizza delivery man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

get changed there!

What a waste of time, i drive to the gym in my shorts and tshirt so i can jump right in after i put my things in the locker, i'll change into jeans after my shower in the changing rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

At least this shows some stylistic variation in the great students crying about scumbags canon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Biggest crooks in this country wear suits.

Don't overconcern yourself with the nike crowd.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Everybody must be tired today. Interesting way of coming at that particular topic op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭h8scobes

i wear cantos all the time only nerds and losers think 'gym clothes' are for scobes, although there is a certain tye of clothes that only nackers wear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

h8scobes wrote: »
    i wear cantos all the time only nerds and losers think 'gym clothes' are for scobes, although there is a certain tye of clothes that only nackers wear
    You really do act like a twat. What the **** are cantos? Obviously Michaels didn't teach you how to spell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Depends on how high up the windows are . . .

the higher the better :pac:

I went out wearing trackends this evening because they would keep me warmer (and drier if it started raining again) than other types of pants/jeans. The fashion police didn't stop me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Some people find it comfortable to wear gym/tracksuits!

At least its better than wearing pyjamas in public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've gym clothes on atm.. Canterbury trackends, a London Irish Rugby top - and flip-flops instead of trainers, but they're Addidas :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

krudler wrote: »

Not with the state of our guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

A good number of the primary and secondary school children in KK wear Cantos and hoodies outside of school as leisure wear, not because they are going to the gym or football training. It doesn't make them knackers, scobies, pyjama wearing single mothers. Jesus, how pass remarkable people have got! I loved the freedom of dressing how I wanted in London whereas at home people had to change into their second Sunday best to go the shop for a pint of milk. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

What the **** are cantos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

an overheard in Dublin gag:

Random american(one): "I have no idea where it is?"

Random american(two): "Lets ask that group of young sporting athletes"

(presumably a number of americans are lost in Dublin city centre and are looking for directions, the "athletes" are apparently scobes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Distorted

Maybe because of a combination of the recession, improvement in fitness clothing and being made popular by WAGS wearing said clothing? Now more acceptable for day to day wear?

I think some posters don't realise the subtle distinction in tracksuits and gym/running gear! My default outfit when not in work suits is 3/4 length tight running tights and close fitting running top. So I can ride my horse then go for a run or cycle without constantly changing. I wouldn't be seen dead in a tracksuit, except to wear my club colours when waiting around for a race to start, and I can't exactly see me doing 10 x 250m on the track in a hoodie or tracksters *snigger*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

longshanks wrote: »
    What the **** are cantos?

Canterbury's, how could you not have heard of them???

canterbury-tracksuit-bottoms-navy.jpg#

And it is true that only nerds think everyone who wears tracksuits is a knacker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

I used to wear them everyday. Unfortunately I am a woman who puts on weight easily. And I put on weight due to the forgiving nature of the tracksuit waistband!

I got fatter and fatter - went to a size 18!

Now I live in jeans. At least now I know if im getting fatter, and can stop myself in my tracks! But tracksuits are soooo comfortable!

Im size 12 now and thats great, but I would love to wear tracksuits every day - and I cant:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Mc Love wrote: »
    Some people find it comfortable to wear gym/tracksuits!

At least its better than wearing pyjamas in public

Tracksuits are for gym, pyjamas are for bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Splendour wrote: »
    Tracksuits are for gym, pyjamas are for bed.

I know people who have day and night pyjamas - scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I wear tracksuit stuff because it's comfortable and damn cheap. Sorry if it offends people, but I doubt they'd rather see my 23 stone frame squeezed into a pair of jeans.

I don't however walk around rooting around in my kacks, I still have a shred of decency in me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭h8scobes

Aldito wrote: »
    Canterbury's, how could you not have heard of them???

canterbury-tracksuit-bottoms-navy.jpg#

And it is true that only nerds think everyone who wears tracksuits is a knacker.
    I no man ye but I guess dis is boards.ie so hardly suprising most are the sort u tended to avoid in aml

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Welcome to 2001... also known as the PAST!
    People have been wearing tracksuits as everyday wear since long before 2001. It's one of the most unremarkable sights there is - the forensic analysis of it on Boards.ie is quite perplexing. So anyway OP, what's with the faux surprise at it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Dudess wrote: »
    People have been wearing tracksuits as everyday wear since long before 2001. It's one of the most unremarkable sights there is - the forensic analysis of it on Boards.ie is quite perplexing. So anyway OP, what's with the faux surprise at it?

It always appeared to me to be a rather lower class thing unless done by certain women in which case it can be kinda sexy in a chavish Jordanesque type manner. I myself can't even wear a hoody in public as I am afraid it will give people the wrong idea about the sort of person I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

some scumbags wear tracksuits

some scumbags wear suits too [I dont mean gangsters ;)]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Jeans can be a pain in the hole to wear. Still prefer them, but if I have to walk anywhere.............. forget it. Big legs + jeans = chaffing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Stinicker wrote: »
    It always appeared to me to be a rather lower class thing unless done by certain women in which case it can be kinda sexy in a chavish Jordanesque type manner. I myself can't even wear a hoody in public as I am afraid it will give people the wrong idea about the sort of person I am.
    Why didn't you just say so at the start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

h8scobes wrote: »
    I no man ye but I guess dis is boards.ie so hardly suprising most are the sort u tended to avoid in aml

What? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Dudess wrote: »
    Why didn't you just say so at the start?

I wanted to get peoples opinions really.

Advertisement