Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of paying into an AVC so I can retire early

Options
  • 13-10-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Currenly I have 19 years service in the Civil Service and was checking out my pension entitlements today. If I left at 50 (on my current salary) I would be entitled (having 30 years contributions) to a lump sum of €32,000 and a weekly pension of €250.

I was just wondering if anybody knew how I would go about putting money into an AVC so that I could retire with a lump sum of say €50,000 and a €300 a week pension. Is there any online calculation websites that I could enter the information on. I know there is a max limit on what your pension can be if you work a full 40 years but what way does it apply if you only work for 30 years?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement