Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online visa pics urgent !!!

Options
  • 13-10-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

hi im applying for a visa to visit the us and i am required to fill out a online form that requires a digital passport style photo to be attached is there any where in galway that could take the pic and put it on disk or a micro sd card many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Get a regular passport photo and scan it, if the size is acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You could try Fahy photo, near the Kings Head, I had them put developed film pics onto a CD before. You'd need to get a move on tho ! (Don't know when they shut)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I think that Galway Camera Shop can take it and possibly email it to you (not 100% sure, but should be very simple to do).

Otherwise get a friend with a digital camera to take a picture (headshot) of you standing in front of a white wall. You can always crop and resize it if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Just a thought, are you sure you are on the right Visa page?

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_c9414801A-11E2-2CA9-5E7E-F50F46CACE6D_k0ABF262B-F35F-367A-A844-7FECB83E65BD

I know the rules changed in September and the pic was never required before so maybe that has changed. There is a charge now as well i hear, just make sure you are on the official page. There are many bogus Visa pages, the above is the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

thanks bonzo fafy foto do put your pic onto disk for 20 euro thanks for all the help guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

That sounds a lot tbh, last year they made me a cd from a film that had already been developed for 6 euro, and the last time I got passport photos done there it was around that too. Handy to be able to see them before you commit to printing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Get a regular passport photo and scan it, if the size is acceptable.
    Don't do this as there are various regulations about the picture, not just the size. I can't remember exactly what they are but it's stuff like glare off glasses and you're not supposed to smile. I was in Boston last summer and the guys in Fahy Foto sorted me out so I'd recommend going in there if you haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

The photography place in the EyreSq shopping centre (downstairs next to ABC bookshop) do a great job.

Got me drivers license pic sorted there.

(Anywhere but those photo booths really. They can be so hit and miss and god knows how they look after scanning them into a computer...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

swe_fi wrote: »
    Just a thought, are you sure you are on the right Visa page?

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_c9414801A-11E2-2CA9-5E7E-F50F46CACE6D_k0ABF262B-F35F-367A-A844-7FECB83E65BD

I know the rules changed in September and the pic was never required before so maybe that has changed. There is a charge now as well i hear, just make sure you are on the official page. There are many bogus Visa pages, the above is the correct one.

That page is for the ESTA visa, the 90 day holiday visa. Always love the section where they ask if you were ever involved in actions against the allies in WW2.

OP I applied for a U.S. emigration visa recently and just got a mate to take my photo against a white wall and I cropped it to fit the 600x600 format. Easily done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

• Advertisement
Advertisement