Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Session timeouts set too low

Options
  • 13-10-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68487239&postcount=23

I have noticed this myself. If I don't click "Remember me" and type a long post then by the time I hit reply I've been logged out.

Others have mentioned this in various forums too.

Can something be done about it, especially since Paul doesn't seem to be able to leave himself logged in all the time and his time is limited?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

The session timeout is 15 minutes. Increasing it has performance implications, so it's not going to happen.

Judicious use of "Preview Post" will keep you logged in if you're not in a position to use "Remember me".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Thanks for the reply Conor. It's a small annoyance for me to be honest, but it's happened to Paul several times today.

Would it be possible for somebody at Boards HQ to let Paul know that he needs to use Remember Me or Preview Post in order to stop him losing his long posts? I'm fairly sure his boards.ie forum knowledge is limited, his PM privileges don't exist and I can't post on the only forum he seems to be viewing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Would it be possible for somebody at Boards HQ to let Paul know that he needs to use Remember Me or Preview Post in order to stop him losing his long posts? I'm fairly sure his boards.ie forum knowledge is limited, his PM privileges don't exist and I can't post on the only forum he seems to be viewing :)

Dav is on that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement