Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Mobile Broadband with XBox Live

• 13-10-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm moving house soon and will only have mobile BB, will it be possible to connect to Live using this?

I know the ping will need to be below 100 ideally but I'm just wondering if anyone already uses mobile bb.

Thanks,
    SEORG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

SEORG wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm moving house soon and will only have mobile BB, will it be possible to connect to Live using this?

I know the ping will need to be below 100 ideally but I'm just wondering if anyone already uses mobile bb.

Thanks,
    SEORG
    I use it every day and have no problems. Downloading is awful slow, though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Healium wrote: »
    I use it every day and have no problems. Downloading is awful slow, though

Which mobile bb do you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

The ping is what could make are break ye!If your lucky enough to be relatively near to a mast/Basestation you'll be ok.

Is it possible to try before you buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Most providers (Vodafone/3 definitely) give you a week's trial, and after that you're free to take it or leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Yeah, most will let you try it out for a week or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

My Boyfriend uses the Meteor one for Xbox and it works really well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Mobile broadband is fairly unreliable and one location can be totally different in performance from another. Having said that I have 3 broadband and have had no problems with online gaming so far. Only problem is that (and not really gaming related) is that it can randomly cut out at any stage for no reason at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

SEORG wrote: »
    Which mobile bb do you use?
    O2

Advertisement