Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro turf pitches

Options
  • 13-10-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hey folks

I'm looking for an available astro pitch preferaby on the south side of Galway city (renmore, oranmore) on Thursday evenings (6-9 time slot)

I know of the pitches in Mervue, Drom, Oranmore, and Corinthians and also NUIG. All pitches are booked for the time I'd be interested in.

Are there any other pitches available? Its a 5 a side pitch I'd be looking for

Cheers folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

There are two astro-turf pitches (at least there were) behind the Hanley Oaks near Westside. Dunno who runs them now or what the cost is but I think Salthill Devon built them.
    I'm fairly sure that Hibs have an astro-turf too out by Terryland but that gets used for training many nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

peustace wrote: »
    Hey folks

I'm looking for an available astro pitch preferaby on the south side of Galway city (renmore, oranmore) on Thursday evenings (6-9 time slot)

I know of the pitches in Mervue, Drom, Oranmore, and Corinthians and also NUIG. All pitches are booked for the time I'd be interested in.

Are there any other pitches available? Its a 5 a side pitch I'd be looking for

Cheers folks

There is a very good one beside the old Kates Bar on the Headford Road....I think it's owned by Hibernians

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I can't think of any more other than the one Wompa1 and THFC mentioned.
    Maybe you could call Drom or whoever and ask to be put on standby in case there is a cancellation?

Advertisement