Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCSI GEP Open Day Saturday 13th November

Options
  • 13-10-2010 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Come to our GEP Open Day and see how fabbo RCSI is - register at http://www.rcsi.ie/gepopenday :)
    I went last year and that's why I am where I am now! It's very motivational for the GAMSAT in general.
    UCD also have an Open evening soon, I believe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

Is there any point in going to an open day at the start of my degree or should I wait until 3rd or 4th year to go?

For anyone who is interested UCD's open day is the 9th November 2010
    http://www.ucd.ie/medicine/newsevents/maintext,68742,en.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

well, there are limited places for the RCSI Open Day as they pretty much put you into 'classes' for the day so priority is given to those who are eligible for next year's entry.

I saw that, the likeliness of getting in is slim. I think I'll just go to the UCD one for now. I've years to go to the RCSI one.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

So who's going to the open evening tomorrow out in UCD?

• Advertisement

Me!!! :D Are you?

Yeah I'm heading over around 4 I'd say. I'll give myself loads of time to find the building, eat all the free sandwiches and drink all the wine. There had better be a right good spread laid out for us.

If you want to make friends, I'll be the guy pouring wine into a 2 litre coke bottle through a funnel with his pockets full of smoked salmon sandwiches. Come over and say Hi

What a bust. A measly cup of piss tea. I was at a similar event in UL and there was finger food and wine. That's my mind made up.

The girl with the short black hair asked some good questions. That Canadian chap telling his life story was a bit of a lowlight though. I might have just been intimidated by his massive pecs.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

You're making your decision based on a few free chicken nuggets? Good luck with that, the pharma companies will love you if you qualify.
    For anyone who's going to miss this RCSI one, there's another one planned for early next year.

That's great news. I'm missing the one this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭GradMed

I'm a third year GEM student in UCD. If any of you have questions about the course I'll try and answer them.

p.s sorry don't mean to hijack the RCSI thread. PM me with questions or use this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055627622

I've exams in 10 days but after I'll make some time and write up my impressions of second year and the 1st term of third year.

Advertisement