Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Semis & League of Ireland football this weekend, 15-17 Oct 2010

• 13-10-2010 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Premier Division
    Friday, 15 Oct 2010
    Sporting Fingal 19:45 Galway United
    U.C.D. 19:45 Dundalk

First Division
    Friday, 15 Oct 2010
    Shelbourne 20:00 Mervue United
    Longford Town 20:00 Waterford United
    Monaghan United 20:00 Limerick
    Finn Harps 20:00 Cork City
    Wexford Youths 20:00 Athlone Town

Saturday, 16 Oct 2010
    Salthill Devon 19:00 Derry City

FAI Cup Semi-Finals (Live on RTÉ Two)
    Friday, 15 Oct 2010
    Bohemians 20:05 Sligo Rovers

Sunday, 17 Oct 2010
    Shamrock Rovers 15:15 St. Patrick's Athletic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

A few Bohs fans going around boards claiming Rovers fans are boycotting their Semi Final match?
    Don't know where they are getting this from.
    Anyone know something I don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

A few Bohs fans going around boards claiming Rovers fans are boycotting their Semi Final match?

Who knows where they're getting it from, can't wait for Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Supposedly something happened from that secret fans meeting last week, all my mate told me who was at it was that O'Neill spoke like he'd be there next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Supposedly something happened from that secret fans meeting last week, all my mate told me who was at it was that O'Neill spoke like he'd be there next season.

The meeting was before the Fingal game though wasn't it?
    3,500 odd people at that

Wednesday or Thursday can't remember so ye before the Fingal match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

As much as I want to get to the final, this will be a relief after the stress of the last 2 matches

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The FAI do some really stupid things.
    Why would you schedule the match that has the only non-Dublin team in it to take place on a Friday evening over a Sunday?
    They expect us to travel across the country on a work day?

Bufoons the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I am still told Sligo are bringing fairly large support, think they will be put in the shed.

ETs prevew:

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4490/

Shamrock Rovers Manager Michael O'Neill, St.Pats Defender Derek Pender and Bohemians Captain Owen Heary speak to extratime.ie ahead of the Semi-finals of the FAI Cup. Filmed and Edited by Peter O'Doherty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

On their forum few of them boycotting the match.

Obviously no truth in it but our allocation went from 700 to 950 to 1200 and we asking and nost likely getting more.

Should be fun but meh....cup :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

dreamers75 wrote: »
    On their forum few of them boycotting the match.

Obviously no truth in it but our allocation went from 700 to 950 to 1200 and we asking and nost likely getting more.

Should be fun but meh....cup :rolleyes:

Well thats funny seen as the forum has been down for the last 10 days or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

http://srfcforum.net

Theres a new forum. Theres no one boycotting the match. If yous sell 1200 itll be close to full. Nice

3,500 odd people at that

Closer to 4500.And as said there was a meeting on the saturday before the fingal game,it was a meeting of members and it was called a members day no secret about it at all.

paulcorr wrote: »
    And as said there was a meeting on the saturday before the fingal game,it was a meeting of members and it was called a members day no secret about it at all.

The "secret" meeting definitely didn't happen on the Saturday, it was the Wed/Thurs before the Fingal match. And wasn't just a members one.

The "secret" meeting definitely didn't happen on the Saturday, it was the Wed/Thurs before the Fingal match. And wasn't just a members one.

So any idea what it was about ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Boycott, my hole.

Game on Sunday too tight to call. Sives will be a big loss.

So any idea what it was about ?

Nope, all my mate told me who was at it was that O'Neill was speaking at it and that he sounded like he'll be there next season (was the only thing I cared about so keep my money off him at 4/1 to be the next Hibs manager).

Nope, all my mate told me who was at it was that O'Neill was speaking at it and that he sounded like he'll be there next season (was the only thing I cared about so keep my money off him at 4/1 to be the next Hibs manager).

Your mate sounds like a top source by all accounts.

Is he the one that saw the Maldron being torn down by an army of Casuals that time?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

stovelid wrote: »
    Sives will be a big loss.
    Injured or suspended?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Your mate sounds like a top source by all accounts.

Is he the one that saw the Maldron being torn down by an army of Casuals that time?

Or the Ultras flares this season in Tallaght?:)

Injured or suspended?

Suspended.

• Advertisement

Well thats funny seen as the forum has been down for the last 10 days or so.

You have a new forum.

The meeting was Price O Neill and 100 odd fans, bascially Oneill and Price said there was too much pressure on the players they couldnt handle it etc and they were young and not as well paid as some made out.

It was called after the abuse given to players and oneill at the bohs game. "**** off to hibs" and my personal favourite " this club is too big for you" :D

We have sold our 1200 should have more on friday. Funnilly enough fair few of our fans have got tickets for the home end and intend on moving up so our attendance for this 3pm game is more than our combined attds for the sat 1pm games :eek:

You have a new forum.

The meeting was Price O Neill and 100 odd fans, bascially Oneill and Price said there was too much pressure on the players they couldnt handle it etc and they were young and not as well paid as some made out.

It was called after the abuse given to players and oneill at the bohs game. "**** off to hibs" and my personal favourite " this club is too big for you" :D

We have sold our 1200 should have more on friday. Funnilly enough fair few of our fans have got tickets for the home end and intend on moving up so our attendance for this 3pm game is more than our combined attds for the sat 1pm games :eek:

As Tallaght holds 6000 there was no need to sell tickets to just members and season ticket holders so anyone could buy them from thre rovers office,or on the day from the ticket booth.So glad to hear there will be a decent Pats crowd there it will make for a cracking atmosphere.As for the abuse aimed at o neill at the Bohs game it was unreal but no abuse was aimed at the players.

Another 250 today 1400 official now plus whoever got tickets for the rovers end.

Lynch suspended for us (yay) Murphy and Sives for them, is Murray still injured?

Lynch suspended for us (yay) Murphy and Sives for them, is Murray still injured?

Yeah, probably mid-next season before he is back

Any chance Pats are as generous as at Richmond..?:o

dfx- wrote: »
    Yeah, probably mid-next season before he is back

Any chance Pats are as generous as at Richmond..?:o

Once rovers arent as lucky, still dont know how you got to half time only conceding 1. Altho looks like your luck has seriously ran out.

Rogers
    Pender Kenna Haverty or Mulcahy Bermo
    Guy Byrne Mulcahy or O brien Doyle
    ........Faherty North

Would be what i expect. Only unknown is where Mulcahy plays.

God you have to laugh at the amount of bohs fans there tonight cup semi final and they still cant get a crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Superb football from Sligo in the 1st half. Great to watch.

Should be 3-0 up.

Ndo and McCabe flicks and tricks have been magic.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hopefully Rovers can grab a goal. Quitened down in the second half,but Rovers still the best team so far I'd say.

• Advertisement

That dog that the man brings with him to Mervue United matches makes more noise than the Bohs fans.

We should be winning by now. My negative side is starting to come out now though and I don't have a good feeling about this.

Come on Sligo.

Football give us some justice.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

0-1

Peers

Totally deserved.

PEERSY/JIM YOU F**KING LEGEND!!

1-0 ROVERS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Deservedly ahead - cracking atmosphere

Cook doing a smashing job with that team, must be said.

• Advertisement

Blinkhorn gets MOTM.

Would have gone with McCabe personally but the whole Sligo team have been great.

Don't give the ball back so then Bohs :rolleyes:.

Keegan totally shown up tonight.

Best midfielder in the league :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Sligo by far the better team all through. Played football like it should be played. A credit to the game.

WOOOOOO!!!!

GET THE F**K IN!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well done, Sligo.

Well done Sligo. Cook doing great work up there. If they add to the squad, they'll be serious contenders next year.

That eliminates one nightmare scenario: getting beaten by Bohs in the final should we get there.

Only a handful of nightmare scenarios left then.

Fair play to Sligo but if we beat pats on sunday i would of rather faced Bohs in the final.Sligo are a far better side and better footballing side.

I think the cup suits Sligo

So they'll be hoping for a Pats win tomorrow more than usual..:)

I, for one,would be sorely disappointed if the commendably strong recent Bohemians presence on the forum was to fade in the same way as the team did tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I, for one,would be sorely disappointed if the commendably strong recent Bohemians presence on the forum was to fade in the same way as the team did tonight.

Don't worry, you will be haunted by this season for a long time to come. We'll make sure of it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Well deserved win from Sligo tonight, completely outclassed. Hope they win it over all now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Better team won on the night, fair play to them and I hope they win the final. There's not many away teams that get applauded off the pitch by Bohs fans in Dalymount. Special mention to Ndo for getting his goodbyes in at the end and Cook coming over, he seemed happy that we'd overtaken Shamrocks.

dfx- wrote: »
    I think the cup suits Sligo

So they'll be hoping for a Pats win tomorrow more than usual..:)

So will pats.

Fair play sligo cracking win.

bohsman wrote: »
    Cook coming over, he seemed happy that we'd overtaken Shamrocks.

He knows Nutsy will probably get the next job in Rovers over him so no need to lick arse like Nutsy does in the Maldron before away derbies.

Good show by Sligo though. Cook has got to be manager of the year. They'll be the team to beat next year unlike youse who will be the team that does get beaten.

• Advertisement
Advertisement