Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Semis & League of Ireland football this weekend, 15-17 Oct 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stovelid wrote: »
    He knows Nutsy will probably get the next job in Rovers over him so no need to lick arse like Nutsy does in the Maldron before away derbies.

Good show by Sligo though. Cook has got to be manager of the year. They'll be the team to beat next year unlike youse who will be the team that does get beaten.

ohh touchy, Fenlon is a rovers fan and wants to be your manager and still your fans slate him. Have met both a few times and both are football mad (ffs Fenlon manages his kids under 10 team).

I know your supposed to hate the Bohs manager but hes a rovers fan and will be your manager one day and 7 months on from that day you will win the league cos like thats what he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

unlike youse who will be the team that does get beaten.

Lets hope so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm so proud of every single player we had out there, we played fantastic football for 90 minutes.
    The fans were absolutely amazing for the whole 90 minutes.

I can't wait for Lansdowne.
    unlike youse who will be the team that does get beaten.

And not even by us :(.
    Have fun, Shels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    ohh touchy, Fenlon is a rovers fan and wants to be your manager and still your fans slate him. Have met both a few times and both are football mad (ffs Fenlon manages his kids under 10 team).

I know your supposed to hate the Bohs manager but hes a rovers fan and will be your manager one day and 7 months on from that day you will win the league cos like thats what he does.

Only having a laugh.

I'd be somebody that admires Sligo and love that away trip, the town and the supporters (except the fool.ie nuts) but Cook/they seem to be pushing a feud with us, especially their recent behaviour towards MON at the Showgies. Out of order tbh.

Nusy gets abused only because he manages Bohs. He's a hoop though. I've seen him walk around the Maldron lobby on derby-day unmolested, chatting to every second person.

I'd give MON another year or two myself but Nutsy is a quality manager if you can stop him from getting in a strop over player budgets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So will pats.

Yeah, but it's Pats in the cup. They're not allowed win the final :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Great football by Sligo tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Congrats to sligo. Not often football is kind enough to give you a second bite of the cherry so soon. I didnt see the game due to our own game but by the sounds of it you deserved the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Congrats to sligo. Not often football is kind enough to give you a second bite of the cherry so soon. I didnt see the game due to our own game but by the sounds of it you deserved the win.

How did Galway play? Heard Walsh's goal was nice, consigned to the play-offs now anyway, bah!

How did Galway play? Heard Walsh's goal was nice, consigned to the play-offs now anyway, bah!

Even before the Fingal match, Connor was resigned to being in the play-offs.

Apparently United were terrible in the first half and could've been 5-0 down at half time, but improved a bit in the second half. The worst thing about the match is that we're still getting stupid yellow cards. McKenzie and Meynell both got booked for off the ball incidents. I'll be raging if we end up having more stupid suspensions for the play-offs.

• Advertisement

Even before the Fingal match, Connor was resigned to being in the play-offs.

Apparently United were terrible in the first half and could've been 5-0 down at half time, but improved a bit in the second half. The worst thing about the match is that we're still getting stupid yellow cards. McKenzie and Meynell both got booked for off the ball incidents. I'll be raging if we end up having more stupid suspensions for the play-offs.

Ah yeah of course, the UCD game was the crucial one. Last night's result just made it mathematically impossible. The lack of goals the last six weeks is alarming, as wel as some hefty defeats. Connor will really need to rally the troops if we're to overcome a resurgent Bray.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

****e from us, but we're coming off the back of 2 huge games so it's forgivable, fair play to Sligo though, played some great stuff, Joey is still a class act. The win clearly meant loads to both the players and fans, would like to seem them win it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Not trying to wind anyone up but I've heard a strong rumour that Galway won't be applying for a Premier licence next season. I don't know why that would be, just heard it.

oldyouth wrote: »
    Not trying to wind anyone up but I've heard a strong rumour that Galway won't be applying for a Premier licence next season. I don't know why that would be, just heard it.

No, I've heard similar rumours. The attendances have been way down on previous years. There was the issue of players' payments earlier on in the season, the sale of Flood, getting players like Heary and Bobby Ryan off the payroll. Depressing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

1-0 Rovers.:D

****e from us, but we're coming off the back of 2 huge games so it's forgivable, fair play to Sligo though, played some great stuff, Joey is still a class act. The win clearly meant loads to both the players and fans, would like to seem them win it.

More importantly, loving Quigley's new 'do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

More importantly, loving Quigley's new 'do!

The term "punk baby" comes to mind.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

1-1.

Livescore still has it at 0-0.:rolleyes:

oldyouth wrote: »
    That's not true.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

you gotta luagh/have pity for Rovers lol 2-2 yet another late late goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What a finish that was :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Yet another amazing advert for domestic Irish soccer. A defender, under no pressure from nobody, heads the ball straight into his own net from a corner.
    Jesus wept....

Yet another amazing advert for domestic Irish soccer. A defender, under no pressure from nobody, heads the ball straight into his own net from a corner.
    Jesus wept....

Yeah. As if that doesn't happen in the Premiership. Mad OG's happen all the time. Take your trolling somewhere else. Was obviously good enough for you to watch anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

SantryRed wrote: »
    Yeah. As if that doesn't happen in the Premiership. Mad OG's happen all the time. Take your trolling somewhere else. Was obviously good enough for you to watch anyways.

I (why I don't know) follow Irish soccer. I love watching sport in general. I wasn't going to not watch this semi. But lets not kid ourselves either. That defending was comical. I'm going to watch the replay of the goal from behind the couch.

I (why I don't know) follow Irish soccer. I love watching sport in general. I wasn't going to not watch this semi. But lets not kid ourselves either. That defending was comical. I'm going to watch the replay of the goal from behind the couch.

But that sort of defensive lapse happens at all levels of the game. No need to use it as a way to take a pop at the LOI though. Just use it as a reason to laugh at Rovers! :)

Fair result really. Rovers on top at 0-0 and 1-1.

Panic buttons at 1-0 and 2-1. The lack of organisation and sheer panic in the defence at the corners and deep deep defending at 2-1 was incredible. Rovers were running the game at 1-1 and suddenly a switch was flicked at 2-1 and every Rovers touch was miscued or panic-y or wild

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Where has Dan Murray gone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Did you watch MOTD last night from behind the couch aswell? I hope you did, otherwise you would have gotten a real shock when a goalkeeper drops a 'simple' ball when under no pressure at all and West Brom score!! That was comical !

Where has Dan Murray gone?

Knee cruciate I think before the league win at Richmond. Mid next season before he returns I'd say. That sense of organisation and control especially at set-pieces is massive black hole..

The replay might suit Rovers being away and Sives and Murphy..

Replay for Rovers, excellent :)

Enjoyed that, both keepers made some great saves Mc Mannus edges it with the save in the 2nd half.

Again we were punished for our mistake bermo for the second and the ref for the 1st.

Cracking atmosphere beleive we had 1600 in the end, kinda stupid letting all fans out at teh same time tho.

• Advertisement

Enjoyed that, both keepers made some great saves Mc Mannus edges it with the save in the 2nd half.

Again we were punished for our mistake bermo for the second and the ref for the 1st.

Cracking atmosphere beleive we had 1600 in the end, kinda stupid letting all fans out at teh same time tho.

very surprised that happened... was their any.... banter?

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    very surprised that happened... was their any.... banter?

Nope not while i was there, couple of rovers kids broke the cordon and got to the luas stop somehow? (can you go in behind the maldon and come out further down? they either did that or were not at that match).

Kinda stupid tho when there is so many pats fans there and we just got a last minute equaliser. We assumed we were being held back and then they opened the gate and stopped the rovers fans outside.

Took all our offensive banners as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Jesus wept....

We must of got a new defender because Paddy kavanagh is a midfielder.

Jaysis just seen the goal now :o

Jaysis just seen the goal now :o

Just seen it there to what the hell was he thinking ?

Great header in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Thought we were unlucky not to win tbh.

Some very strange decisions by the referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Oh, and Billy Dennehy is one of the biggest thugs/scumbags/cheats in Irish football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Thought we were unlucky not to win tbh.

Some very strange decisions by the referee.

Very strange one when one of your players kicked a Rovers player in the head and the ref gave pats a free.

Some cheating by Twigg for his goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Very strange one when one of your players kicked a Rovers player in the head and the ref gave pats a free.

Same old Rovers, always cheating :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Cheating? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Oh, and Billy Dennehy is one of the biggest thugs/scumbags/cheats in Irish football.

Hahaha explain?

And also, just confirming the replay is this Tuesday, the 19th?

Are you serious because he made one bad tackle in the second half makes him a thug a cheat and a scum bag.

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Hahaha explain?

Tickets on sale tomorrow night 6.30 for members,7.00 for season ticket holders we would want to be in Tallaght very early they will sell out in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

My first trip to Tallaght, dragged along by one of the 400 club - I've been threatening to make the trip for years and finally caved in. I'm a lapsed LOI fan, went weekly as a schoolboy and gave it up totally whilst playing myself.

I was very impressed by everything, crowd, ground, atmosphere, price (I'd mentally budgeted for €20 or even €25 so €15 was a pleasant surprise). Even inside the ground nothing was too expensive, €1.50 for a bottle of Coke (I've paid €3 in the Bernabeu), hot food reasonably priced and more than edible.

I don't know how the game looked on TV (a lot of LOI looks, frankly, poor) but I thought it was excellent. Lots of chances, some good goals, good decent football played by both sides.

I'll certainly be back, and would encourage anyone else to give it a shot.

Bizarre stuff afterwards. I'd be nominally a Pats fan but sat with my Rovers mates who'd told me it would expediate an exit afterwards as the Pats fans would be held back 20 minutes.
    So the Rovers fans leave the ground and suddenly there is there is a dozen police/stewards blocking the route to the Luas. Someone seems to have changed the plan and let the away fans out and as they have the nearest exit to the Luas they are given priority.

The more hardcore Pats fans love this and start waving gleefully at the trapped Rovers fans, which causes hassle amongst the Rovers fans already annoyed (correctly imo) at the unexpected 10 minute delay. A few breakthrough and are stopped, then suddenly everyone has broken though and a few dozen Rovers fans start chasing the Pats fans.
    Nothing hugely serious seems to have happened, but it was a bit of silly chaotic organising out of someone.

• Advertisement

Have to say what ever idiot let the pats fans out before the rovers fans had crossed at the lights should be shot.I stood there for about 10 minutes while the pats fans crossed at the lights towards their cars and the luas and it was going to get ugly if people didnt break through the stewards and garda.Its the first time in the 2 seasons going to tallaght that i have ever seen a problem after the game.Seemed to be differant garda in charge today than the normal one.

Pats crowd dude was told that if Rovers won they were to be kept back and us let out 1st :confused: Whatever garda was in charge didnt know we scored and let us out at the same time. fairly dangerous tbh especially with most of our fans rubbing it in.

If Pender had of stayed down from Dennehys tackle he would have been sent off, tackle didnt catch him but mainly as Pender jumped. (havent checked rte player for it but didnt look like contact)

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Hahaha explain?

yup 48 hours later,

paulcorr wrote: »
    Tickets on sale tomorrow night 6.30 for members,7.00 for season ticket holders we would want to be in Tallaght very early they will sell out in no time.

Doubt it, you will get as many as you ask for same as last time.

Us catering to you in the league paid off today, see no reason why we wouldnt give you as many tickets as you wanted.

Im hoping loads of your fans dont go :D

That was as brilliant a cop out as anything Rovers could muster. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement