Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Semis & League of Ireland football this weekend, 15-17 Oct 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Voltwad wrote: »
    Cheating? :pac:

Yeah, he fouled the defender in front of him by pushing him in the back.

It's called cheating. Not just when a French bloke does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Zebra3 wrote: »

Brilliant. So, everyone who plays football is a cheat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Yeah, the nudge in the back by Dumbo/Worzel as the ball came in was sly, but in fairness Rovers evened it out with the brilliant second equaliser. You could'nt make this stuff up over the last five weeks. Absolutely priceless. :D

Another tough and physical game to slog through for Rovers on Tuesday, hopefully it goes to extra time. The tank will be empty for Drogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

It's part and parcel of the game. Defender was shoved off it far too easily, Twigg did nothing wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I must catch a first division game again. I had no conduct was so gentlemanly down there these days.

The players seem to proving too nervy to hold a lead but I don't how you can legislate for three of the last four goals conceded in Tallaght: one O.G. a holwler from Aido and a deflected shot from Crowe. It really just is one of those things.

Nobody wants to play another game at this stage but at least it means the suspended players (I think) will be back.

While acknowledging MONs failings, losing Pat Sullivan and especially Dan Murray have cost us dearly. Chambers doesn't currently have the fitness for playing wide or at right-full imo and should be in the middle and Murray got the best of of either centre-half that played beside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Didnt think Twigg fouled Kenna, both went for it Twigg got it looked like a normal challenge. Bermo giving the ball away and not tracking back was a far worse crime.

We looked dead on our feet yesterday, fact Rovers can change their team if they want doesnt bode well for us. Will take penos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Yeah your right. It reminded of that flood lad when he basically assaulted quigley last year in the play offs. At least the ref did the right thing then hey. Sent that lad packing ;) Honour in football is alive and well in Div 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Jesus have your ever seen what goes on at corners, Twigg done what he had to do to get an edge on the defender like all good forwards do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    The players seem to proving too nervy to hold a lead but I don't how you can legislate for three of the last four goals conceded in Tallaght: one O.G. a holwler from Aido and a deflected shot from Crowe. It really just is one of those things.

Agreed generally, the own goal is not legislatable, but it had been coming from the minute Rovers scored. Price clearing from under his own bar from a couple of simple headers from free-kicks, Flynn knocking a Mannus save round the post on his own line. Head tennis and 3-4 clearances from corners and crosses.

A goal was coming (unlike Fingal), that it was an og is coincidence..

I wouldnt normally knock MON but his insistance on going to one up front when we are leading has killed us so many times,we invite teams on to us every week.At one stage with 10 minutes to go with had a corner and we had 1 player in the box.Billy broke forward a couple of minutes later 2 players in the box and he turns out of the box and heads for the corner.Bradley is a disaster in the middle but no real options when we have to play ricer at right full.Good thing for tuesday is sives will be back and ricer can push back into the middle. Chambers looks like he will be out i think 48hrs is a riduculous
    amount of time to give 2 part time teams between games.If players have injuries how are they expected to recover in time another FAI blunder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

So some people reckon Twigg didn't push the defender? :eek:
    I must catch a first division game again.

We're at home to Waterford Saturday week. Your €15 is more than welcome. :)

All Rovers tickets 1200 sold out tonight to members and season ticket holders,another small allocation available tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

This on TV? It's bad enough working in Inchicore, but Inchicore with 1,200 Shams and too many Pats would be a nightmare.

This on TV? It's bad enough working in Inchicore, but Inchicore with 1,200 Shams and too many Pats would be a nightmare.

Nope and unless your working in Inchicore since 1928 STFU :D

Maybe they can switch the game to the Aviva for you if you lodge a complaint quickly.

Reason its not on tv is UEFA dont allow stations to show domestic games on a CL night so as not to take away form CL viewers.

RTE using that as an excuse but they were never gonna show it anyway.

Should be good atmosphere cant see us getting anything out of it tho, players look ****ed.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Should be good atmosphere cant see us getting anything out of it tho, players look ****ed.

Us too although our squad is bigger even if we're carrying a few knocks at the minute.

Can see sloppiness abounding as a result.

Us too although our squad is bigger even if we're carrying a few knocks at the minute.

Can see sloppiness abounding as a result.

Whoever makes the least mistakes should win it, sunday was 1st time this season we made mistakes and got a result normally we lose.

Live on the radio

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/1019/stpats_shamrockrovers.html

for completly unbiased commentary

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-pats-live-commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Gonna finish 7-6 to Pats, in normal time too.

Paddy Kavanagh to miss a 90th min Pen too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I hope it goes to extra-time :D

Over 3000 tickets sold.

Someones going home sad tonight.

please dont me, please dont me, please dont me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Over 3000 tickets sold.

Someones going home sad tonight.

please dont me, please dont me, please dont me

I won't be making it, absolutely sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

3 years to the day since the infamous 5-0

If that's not a good omen....

Roaster wrote: »
    I hope it goes to extra-time :D

Your struggle for survival over the close season?

First game in Richmond for me for a Rovers game in a couple of years. That's a bad omen..

Fairly long queue at 6.30 outside Tallaght. I went past the Supersaints shop this morning, is it ever open? I've never seen it open - could you get tickets there if it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

dfx- wrote: »
    First game in Richmond for me for a Rovers game in a couple of years. That's a bad omen..

Fairly long queue at 6.30 outside Tallaght. I went past the Supersaints shop this morning, is it ever open? I've never seen it open - could you get tickets there if it was?

Yep, say it opened around 10. I was down there twice today anyway and there was a fair few down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Shop is open from 10 every morning. Only home tickets can be bought from our club shop

Have a foreboding feeling too. It's been a long, long season. Team are going to look like the war-wounded by Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

nil all at ht

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Torture listening to this on the radio! Damo lynch sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

1-0 Rovers

edit: "..and rovers have kicked in ANOTHER advertisin' board:rolleyes:,"

"..theyve kicked in a SECOND one ya mean :rolleyes:,"

Pats commentary is gas

They've mentioned 3 hand balls since I started listening twenty odd minutes ago, so far not one of them has been punished by the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

1-0 FT

Pats fan runs onto the pitch and tries to start on a few.. hundred rovers. Rovers fans invade the pitch, Gards hold back Pats fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Rovers and Pats idiots acting the maggot.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

1-0 FT

Pats fan runs onto the pitch and tries to start on a few.. hundred rovers. Rovers fans invade the pitch, Gards hold back Pats fans.

Not the first time that has happened there. Remember the season we went down they beat us there to leave us in real trouble and several Pats fans decided to leg it onto the pitch and 'celebrate' right in front of the travelling Rovers fans.

They then pulled the same stunt last year, running on the pitch to confront Rovers fans at fulltime and only the Gards stopped it getting ugly. Looks like they were slow off the mark this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

1-0 FT

Brilliant.

Just hand the Cup to Sligo as punishment

Brilliant.

Just hand the Cup to Sligo as punishment

They tried to do that last season and they didn't want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

They tried to do that last season and they didn't want it.

:D

Was taking the p/ss before any Rovers fans have a go at me!

Post 1

Cracking atmosphere absolutley unreal, we should have scored 1st half but missed 2 sitters. 2nd half they got into it and caused us problems. The sending off was never a sending off. Lynch wasnt last man and twigg was theatrical to say the least. Goal came shortly after and again with 15 minutes to go Rovers timewasting holding the ball in the corners with 15 minutes to go! We had a bit of push as they sat back but wasnt to be.

Atmosphere at that match was ****ing unreal up until well i get to that in post 2. But how can anyone go to that match and for 94 minutes not love football.

Post 2

94th minute onwards, Shamrock Rovers fans are ****ing scum serious scum. And this wasnt an element this was more than half their ****ing fans on the pitch a few got on to celebrate with the players fair enough stay in your half and pat them on the back etc:

But not enought for this scum, who marched up the pitch ****ing bottles and umbrellas at the pats fans who obviously were not gonna stand there and take it. Not one gardai on the pitch left to ours and their stewards to sort it. As i was leaving looked like a full battalion of riot squad converging outside. Stay out of inchicore tonight i doubt this will end well.

Hope to **** they get the baton charge their scummer fans deserve. Will link to 2 youtube videos in a few minutes the 1st from the start of the match and the 2nd form the 2nd. Really shows how Rovers are the best and worst fans in in the league.

Pure scum.466517.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Post 1

Cracking atmosphere absolutley unreal, we should have scored 1st half but missed 2 sitters. 2nd half they into and caused us problems. The sending off was never a sending off. Lynch wasnt last man and twigg was theatrical to say the least. Goal came shortly after and again with 15 minutes to go Rovers timewasting holding the ball in the corners with 15 minutes to go! We had a bit of push as they sat back but wasnt to be.

Atmosphere at that match was ****ing unreal up until well i get to that in post 2. But how can anyone go to that match and for 94 minutes not love football.

When's post 2?
    I'm looking forward to that one.:P

On FM104 now.

According to a Pat's fan on foot.ie - 'Re : The trouble - The first thing I saw was a lad in a white hoodie run the length of the pitch from the Pats end and start swinging digs down the shed end in the middle of about 50 Rovers fans as they ran on the pitch to celebrate.'

Jonathan Roches statement will probably read something like: "These were not Rovers fans, these were local Inchicore smack heads looking for Wayne Deans!"

Jonathan Roches statement will probably read something like: "These were not Rovers fans, these were local Inchicore smack heads looking for Wayne Deans!"

Yeah, probably. :rolleyes:

Pats fans asked before the game on Tyrconnell Rd - Can we feel it slip away?

No.:pac:

Post 2

94th minute onwards, Shamrock Rovers fans are ****ing scum serious scum. And this wasnt an element this was more than half their ****ing fans on the pitch a few got on to celebrate with the players fair enough stay in your half and pat them on the back etc:

But not enought for this scum, who marched up the pitch ****ing bottles and umbrellas at the pats fans who obviously were not gonna stand there and take it. Not one gardai on the pitch left to ours and their stewards to sort it. As i was leaving looked like a full battalion of riot squad converging outside. Stay out of inchicore tonight i doubt this will end well.

How come you forgot to add in that Pats fans behind the goal goaded them? And ran away as soon as their wish came true? The first bottle I saw came from the stand.

I was the last Rovers fan out, nothing happened.

No stewards at the Pats end. Not a single one.

According to a Pat's fan on foot.ie - 'Re : The trouble - The first thing I saw was a lad in a white hoodie run the length of the pitch from the Pats end and start swinging digs down the shed end in the middle of about 50 Rovers fans as they ran on the pitch to celebrate.'

Saw that. He was bundled away by stewards. I actually called over to them as they were manhandling him very roughly.

Also heard that a few young D7 citizens were present at the game - as is their constitutional right of course.

I'm not going to defend anybody from our side but, like -dfx, I'm sure I also saw the first missiles coming down from the stand. Not that our supporters should have been anyway near that end of course.

There was always the potential for trouble from the last game of last season when Pats supporters tried to get into the shed at the end of the game.

The majority of people on the pitch were just celebrating with the players from what I could see - admittedly from the shed.

I was chatting to the one of the riot cops outside. He said there was no fighting (at that time - 10 minutes after kick-off - anyway) but they were just dispersing the supporters by separate ways. I parked in Inchicore and couldn't see any evidence of burning buildings, riots and the like but maybe they were bringing civilisation to its knees down the back-streets instead. I texted my wife some emergency amendments to our will just in case though.

P.S - anybody who wasn't at the game shouldn't spout their usual bitter guff.

Great game and great atmosphere. Couldn't have been far off a full house? Dessie Baker had an outstanding game. Didn't really catch the sending off incident but I thought Pat Flynn and especially Enda Stevens were a bit lucky with the ref tonight.

Great game and great atmosphere. Couldn't have been far off a full house? Dessie Baker had an outstanding game. Didn't really catch the sending off incident but I thought Pat Flynn and especially Enda Stevens were a bit lucky with the ref tonight.

Game sounded good, atmosphere on the radio probably didn't do it justice. Supposedly close to a full one. According to the lads on the radio, the sending off was harsh.

• Advertisement

Game sounded good, atmosphere on the radio probably didn't do it justice. Supposedly close to a full one. According to the lads on the radio, the sending off was harsh.

Would have been a smashing game for the telly except for the dopey stuff at the end.

Advertisement