Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DELL BTX MOTHERBOARD

Options
  • 13-10-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hello guys ,

I don't know much about theses now ...... but ....

if I buy a Dell XPS BTX case with few bits and the motherboard.....am I limited on what I can do with it ?? upgrading wise or whats the story ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If you buy a BTX case you can't fit any normal motherboard; only crippled BTX mobos. Same with PSUs too. This in turn limits your choice of CPU severely, as well as your capacity to add graphics cards etc. due to heat and power limitations of the chassis and its compatible PSUs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

thanks for reply...

just to add im not a gamer just want the best anyway :)!!

so theres no point buying one then ? to much problems ??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yup, far too many issues. They're not great and you'd need a compatible mobo and PSU too anyway :o

Advertisement