Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cllr Paddy Kielys Comments

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

When we have more foreign nationals in this country that Irish people living abroad, then and only then would we have any reason for complaint.

Considering that there estimated to be over 4 million Irish Born people living abroad, there's a fair amount to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭wexfordia

I must admit I had never heard of this fella before even though I'm only over the border in Wexford.Some politicians really need to choose their words better when discussing a sensitive topic such as this.The whole 'send em packing' attitude makes them come across as some sort of redneck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

zeds alive wrote: »
    In the case of genuine refugees(people from areas of conflict) we are obliged by the Lisbon treaty(and others) to accept them and care for them but the stupid part is we are obliged to give them dole but they are not allowed to work if they want while thy are refuges :?
    ShayK1 wrote: »
    I don't think that's true either. They can't get any social welfare until they are granted a GNIB card. I'll have to look that one up to be sure though

ok, so I was right. They don't have any entitlement to Social Welfare until their Residency Status is Finalised AND They have a valid GNIB card. They get some subsistance payment of something like €20 a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ShayK1 wrote: »
    ok, so I was right. They don't have any entitlement to Social Welfare until their Residency Status is Finalised AND They have a valid GNIB card. They get some subsistance payment of something like €20 a week
    afaik they get €19/week pocket money and are given all meals and shelter and free healthcare and education so have no need of any welfare payments.

Advertisement