Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest youve left a big project or assignment?

Options
  • 13-10-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

I have two assignments to do for next wednesday but i just cant get the head down so in a bid to further procrastinate i thought i would come on boards and ask useless questions :D

So, what is the latest you've left an assignment before starting it?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

2 days after the deadline.

Not to be recommended ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

The day it was due?

Occasionally though it's because I genuinely cannot do the project so I needed help of some sort (Generally, help I'm allowed get like MCS or CPSC, I have never actually copied anyone's work :O Probably explains why I'm in Stage X >_<).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I usually end up doing them at 2 in the morning on the day they're due. Have two for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I have two hours free on Friday mornings, with Foundations of Physics Problem Sheets due in the afternoon. You'd usually see me on the ground floor of the physics building between 10 and 12, trying to get the problem sheet done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Ruski wrote: »
    I have two hours free on Friday mornings, with Foundations of Physics Problem Sheets due in the afternoon. You'd usually see me on the ground floor of the physics building between 10 and 12, trying to get the problem sheet done.

I've done the first question for this week and I have labs tomorrow so I'll do the second when I come home after that. Kinda handy we only have 2 questions this week:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Conor108 wrote: »
    I've done the first question for this week and I have labs tomorrow so I'll do the second when I come home after that. Kinda handy we only have 2 questions this week:)
    I'm after printing it off just now. I don't like the look of it. Wall of text.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah I'm not even sure if I've done the first one right but could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

I had to do an interview with my local TD 5 hours before a deadline for Geographical Skills and Techniques. Had to type it all out,2,500+ words and made it to UCD 45 minutes before the deadline. Close but not "24" close.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Why not send a corrupted word file e.g. a jpg renamed as a .doc and it'll be several days till the lecturer realizes they can't open the file.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

I finished a software engineering project nearly three weeks late and still got an A. BlandKitten hates me for this. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

I finished a software engineering project nearly three weeks late and still got an A. BlandKitten hates me for this. :)
    I'm never going to live that down... Shìtty system didn't submit half my projects :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I have a feeling my Mod. Europe essay won't get done until Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

kev9100 wrote: »

Have you done much study for it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

kev9100 wrote: »

Save yourself while you still have time. The short term benefits of handing something in late are just not worth it. You still have to do it and it is a still an constant annoyance but you have extended the annoyance. Its kind of like getting an overdraft, great at the time but next time you get paid your pay looks so tiny. Yuck, hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Over the next 3 weeks, I have 7 assignments due, all essays. I have done one so far. So will probably be cutting in pretty close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Have you done much study for it yet?

Not really, no.
    Save yourself while you still have time. The short term benefits of handing something in late are just not worth it. You still have to do it and it is a still an constant annoyance but you have extended the annoyance. Its kind of like getting an overdraft, great at the time but next time you get paid your pay looks so tiny. Yuck, hate it

Thats good advice. Ok, this is ti. Today I will get my french essay done and on saturday I'll start Mod. Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I remember in second year going in one Friday at about 12.30 only to discover the Essay I thought was due in the next Friday at 3 was due in that day. Took me an hour to get a computer and I banged out 1500 words in time for the deadline and scraped a beauty of a C+

Frisbee wrote: »
    I remember in second year going in one Friday at about 12.30 only to discover the Essay I thought was due in the next Friday at 3 was due in that day. Took me an hour to get a computer and I banged out 1500 words in time for the deadline and scraped a beauty of a C+

I'm seriously starting to think that I'm stupid. It takes me HOURS to write an essay. I handed in a history one the other day - took at least 18 hours and it was still rubbish. I'm anticipating a D for it. Kind of depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I stayed up all night once finishing a maths assignment (just couldn't understand it). Got through it in the end but I was finished it literally 2 minutes before the lecture started when we were supposed to hand it up. It turned out that the lecturer decided to give 2 more days to finish it off, supposedly I wasn't the only one with problems, so my efforts were in vain.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

Have been on time with my essays so far but am really struggling with philosophy essay at the moment, dont even know how to start it.I dont think it will be completed on time :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Has anybody else tried shoving strips of paper between the holes in pages in order to bind the sheets just after finishing a last minute assignment and finding you don't have a stapler handy? I imagine there's a more practical solution.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

@Lauraluck: Sometimes it's better to do a really good assignment and hand it in late than a half-assed attempt in on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I had a remediation essay, 5,000 words. Did some research but nothing hard, and hadn't begun to write it until around 7pm the night before it was due. Stayed up all night, got it done, got an A-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Davidius wrote: »
    Has anybody else tried shoving strips of paper between the holes in pages in order to bind the sheets just after finishing a last minute assignment and finding you don't have a stapler handy? I imagine there's a more practical solution.

Ask the somebody in the school office, CopiPrint, service desk etc for a stapler

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

A serious Arts essay takes a week: with day 5 and 6 being most important.

It's like a military campaign... only every soldier's out for themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I had a remediation essay, 5,000 words. Did some research but nothing hard, and hadn't begun to write it until around 7pm the night before it was due. Stayed up all night, got it done, got an A-

Remediation essay? :confused:

A consistent 333 words + per hour whilst studying the subject at hand, and then referencing, and printing, and proofreading.... and getting a good result? Hats off (if true).

A serious Arts essay takes a week: with day 5 and 6 being most important.

Are you being serious? Hopefully you are, I've been worrying about this for a few days.
    Thats is how long its taking me including the reading etc. Have 3 to do in the next 3 weeks, going to get one done a week plus have to get planning & reading for a 5000 word one due in 5 or 6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Are you being serious? Hopefully you are, I've been worrying about this for a few days.
    Thats is how long its taking me including the reading etc. Have 3 to do in the next 3 weeks, going to get one done a week plus have to get planning & reading for a 5000 word one due in 5 or 6 weeks.

Pfff reading, google books is where it's at :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Remediation essay? :confused:

A consistent 333 words + per hour whilst studying the subject at hand, and then referencing, and printing, and proofreading.... and getting a good result? Hats off (if true).

I had a fair idea of the topic and I'm gifted with the gab when it comes to writing so if I knew a topic I'd fluff it out nicely and write like a demon for a while then stop to study a bit for the next topic.
    Also, I must admit, the word count was 5,000 (no max/min; just 5,000 words), I only wrote 3,900. Just goes to show that it is most certainly quality over quantity and never underestimate the power of well-written english

• Advertisement
Advertisement