Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Candy Shop

Options
  • 13-10-2010 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody go to the new sweet shop down on park street??

Its bloody class :D - i bought a meter of marshmallow and the fizziest cola bottles iv ever tasted

Great shop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Do they have Vanilla coke by any chance? It's not "The Candy Shop" that are based in Dublin no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Eh no its in Louth :) - not sure about the vanilla coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Eh no its in Louth :) - not sure about the vanilla coke

Should have rephrased sorry, based online, but ships from Dublin. If you're around the shop again could you check please?

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Should have rephrased sorry, based online, but ships from Dublin. If you're around the shop again could you check please?

Yup il check - would love some vanilla coke myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Shops of this type will come and go but you will never "bate" the handy stores(also park st.) for a 1/4 pound of sweets,served loose in the old fashioned way;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Shops of this type will come and go but you will never "bate" the handy stores(also park st.) for a 1/4 pound of sweets,served loose in the old fashioned way;)

handy stores is a lovely place, but its important also not to knock the guys business. Dundalk needs to lose its narrow minded view and open up to a bit of diversity methinks ( and that includes narrow minded aul me ).

Fair play says me, I walked past it and it was packed full of kids. I'm not the greatest sweet lover myself but its great to see a Dundalk business do well especially in this economic climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

+1

That place is like a time warp ! Nicest people in the world too !

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Class. Do they do deliveries lol?

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Class. Do they do deliveries lol?

I checked this morning and they dont have the Vanilla Coke :( and there is currently no online delivery but would look into it soon if there was demand

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Milo Minderbinder

They have all the retro sweets you will ever want..... including the gobstoppers the size of tennis balls !!

Nice staff, I was gazing round in wonderment and was asked if I needed any help , I replied that I was "like a child in a candy shop" and he was kind enough not to mention that he had heard that particular phrase 12,000 times already that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

I mean house deliverielike the takeaways, now that would be deadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Whilst in, you could pick up a mass card, some pipe tobacco and pet the friendly dog as well.
    ...and if Handy Stores don't sell it then Hollands (also park st) probably do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'd say this particular shop is here to stay judging by the amount of trade it's getting.

Granted it's only open but there is always demand for sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

where abouts on park street? what beside it? will def fget the big marshmaollow 4 the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Dundalk is one of the last big towns in Ireland to get an "old fashioned" sweet shop. It was overdue.

I haven't been in yet but i'll venture into it tomorrow I think! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Cathal_91 wrote: »
    where abouts on park street? what beside it? will def fget the big marshmaollow 4 the craic

Its beside where Jocks shop used to be just before Earl Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Good to see a new business actually opening in the town centre for a change. Been far too many closures the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

well Papa knows where hes visiting tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I am definetley going in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

bigneacy wrote: »
    Dundalk is one of the last big towns in Ireland to get an "old fashioned" sweet shop. It was overdue.

I haven't been in yet but i'll venture into it tomorrow I think! :)

I forgot to go in and now i'm stuck here in work for the rest of the day :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Basilio

Cathal_91 wrote: »
    Next to new lingerie shop CHANGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Basilio wrote: »
    Next to new lingerie shop CHANGE.
    "SWEET" all round so:cool:

Those meter long marshmallows are bloody addictive :) - always get covered in flour with them though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

How late does it open? Passed it around 6:45 twice recently and the place had plenty in it!

Anyone know if they have Jolly Rogers? They were red square sweets?

Theres a Facebook page here - ask them for any sweet and theyll tell you if the have them or if they get them in

I have to get into this place soon lol.

Dunny! wrote: »
    I have to get into this place soon lol.

Youll be like a kid in a candy st....... Oh :D

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Youll be like a kid in a candy st....... Oh :D

basil_brush.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Wertz wrote: »
    Whilst in, you could pick up a mass card, some pipe tobacco and pet the friendly dog as well.
    ...and if Handy Stores don't sell it then Hollands (also park st) probably do.

tell me that same dog isnt still alive? if so must be the oldest dog in Ireland?

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    tell me that same dog isnt still alive? if so must be the oldest dog in Ireland?

Is this the big golden labrador?? I think its still alive

Advertisement