Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels With Leisure Centre

• 13-10-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

What would your recommendations be?

I'm hearing alot of bad reviews about Days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Only other two would be the Tower Hotel on the Quay/Mall or The Woodlands out the Dunmore Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

What would your recommendations be?

I'm hearing alot of bad reviews about Days.

What kind of "bad reviews"?

Im a member in spirit and have been for a year or so,and im there 4 or 5 times a week,and not once have i had any problems,the staff are always friendly and know what they are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Calm the hormones! Looked at tripadvisor.ie

Wow such a mature comment.

As previously said they are only two other hotels in Waterford city with Leisure centres.

The Tower Hotel on the Mall and Woodlands Hotel on the Dunmore Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Im a member in spirit and have been for a year or so,and im there 4 or 5 times a week,and not once have i had any problems,the staff are always friendly and know what they are doing.

Yes, but you don't use the hotel part.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Wow, they are letting Waterford down.

Nothing to do with letting Waterford down.

Tripadvisor is a great site and i have booked many hotels solely on the reviews of the site,and a lot of the hotels i stayed in had bad reviews,but when i stayed in the hotels i hadn't had any of the problems in which other people seemed to have,so basically don't just go by the reviews on a website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Im also a member of Spirit, and will have to agree with you how friendly and approachable the staff are and the gym its self is well equipped and clean.

The only snag is its too upmarket for the hotel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I'm a member of Spirit and it a fantastic gym. Used to be a member of the Tower but prefer Spirit because the gym is very good down there. Have to agree about the staff, they are all top notch and easy to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Useta be in The Tower myself. I decided not to renew my membership. Their gym is tiny. Peak times useta be a nightmare. Queuing for machines or adding yer names to a list. When you did eventually get a machine & were ready to change to another you had to wait to use it!
    The pool is a good size but it can get crowded very quickly. The new sauna is a decent size but tends not to work properly on a constant basis.
    Ditto the steam room with its garden chairs! The area around the jacuzzi is very grotty/run down. I stopped using the jacuzzi itself years ago as I developed a rash on my neck. It miraculously cleared up when I stopped using it!!
    They revamped the dressing rooms a few yrs back & managed to mke the men's area smaller, narrower & more cramped! The showers tend to be either lukewarm or scalding. The whole cleanliness/hygiene situation turned me off completely. After the renovations the men's toilet useta block on a regular basis & flood the floor by the urinals with sewerage! The final straw was one fella who used to for want of a better word 'unload' or 'do his business' & go straight out to the jacuzzi without showering/washing his hands!; another fella after showering & drying himself off always finished his routine by using the hair dryer to make sure his manhood was dried to his satisfaction! Neither of 'em hid their bad habits. If you want to do these sorta things, do it in the privacy of yer own home!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

I have been a member of Spirit basically since it opened two years ago and can not find fault with the place or especially the staff,as for the hotel itself cant comment on that i am afraid as its a long time since i had a drink or stayed there.

Advertisement