Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wisniewski suspended two games for lewd gesture

• 13-10-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337203

New York Islanders defenceman James Wisniewski has been suspended two games for making an obscene gesture during Monday's game against the New York Rangers.

In the first period of action, Wisniewski and Avery had a verbal exchange and shoved each other in front of the Isles' net. Wisniewski then made the lewd gesture in the direction of the Rangers' agitator.

"A lot of actions on the ice are regrettable," Wisniewski said in a statement. "I've been given a suspension from the league, and I'm going to accept it and move on from here."

You can find the gesture on You Tube - really dumb move on Wiz's part with Bettman in attendance at the game.

Wiz was my leading point getter so far on My Fantasy Hockey team......not happy lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

hehehe so childish! I loved it though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Dumb move, but if he was going to do it then it had to be on Avery!

Advertisement