Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLACKHAWKS D HJALMARSSON SUSPENDED TWO GAMES

• 13-10-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337210

The National Hockey League has suspended Chicago Blackhawks defenceman Niklas Hjalmarsson two games for his hit from behind on Buffalo Sabres winger Jason Pominville during the Blackhawks 4-3 win on Monday.

The incident occurred with 5:42 left in the first period. Pominville sustained a concussion and a gash above his eye that required 7-8 stitches. He was diagnosed in the building without going to a hospital.

Hjalmarsson was given a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct on the play.

With all of the posturing that the NHL did over the season, I wasn't surprised at all by this suspension. While Pominville needs to keep his helmet chin strap secured and his head on a swivel. Hjalmarsson should have pulled up on the play.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

That's at least 3 concussions so far this year ( Tavares, bourque and pomenville ) so I think the NHL has to dish out at least 5 game suspensions to get the message to the players!!!

What makes it worse all 3 are on my fantasy team :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Izy wrote: »
    That's at least 3 concussions so far this year ( Tavares, bourque and pomenville ) so I think the NHL has to dish out at least 5 game suspensions to get the message to the players!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337341

DREGER: 12 NHLERS SUFFERING FROM CONCUSSION LIKE SYMPTOMS

Advertisement