Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Ghost Stories

Options
  • 13-10-2010 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

So i had this book, titled above, can't remember who the author was. All i know is he was a priest who collected stories sent to him in letters throughout the country.
    I'm asking about this book cos i lost it on a train and i was wondering if anyone would know where i could buy another book, whether in easons, waterstones or a second-hand shop.

My memory's a bit vague but here are some stories:
    A group of people climbed up crough patrick and after reaching the top, they could see a lake below them and saw these massive black shapes flying over the lake. Even though they were up high, they could tell that if the stood beside them they would be roughly the size of a horse.
    There's another about a brother who hated his sister and tried to strangle her as a ghost, some cat who had the face of an angry old lady who apparently jumped on the bed really hard and some ghost in dublin who's like Peeves in Harry Potter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jassmine12

well, i don't believe in ghost stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

This shouldn't last too long.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daredevilfan

I actually have this book lying around somewhere,
    The Ghost was a Poltergeist called Cornie roared abuse at people from a coal bunker??
    is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daredevilfan

thats the one i have lying around if you need it badly i could give it to you
    If i can find it:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

That link is the one alright, cheers Major.
    Now i'd say some of the stories are fake or at least a bit exaggrated, but whether anyone believes in these stories or not you can't say that it's a borning book.
    Thanks for the offer ddf but i'm kept busy enough these days so tis grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah I've got this book lying around too. It shouldn't be too hard to find another copy of it, I saw it again recently in easons I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

jassmine12 wrote: »
    well, i don't believe in ghost stories.

Ghost stories definitely exist.

Advertisement