Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vulcan MicroATX, top fan clicking

Options
  • 13-10-2010 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

I don't know why this is. When I first powered on my machine, I got a horrible grinding noise from the top fan. I noticed when I turned it manually, it clicked.

Could the fan be damaged? I'll disconnect it for now maybe.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Sounds like there is either a protruding wire or some debris/plastic trim stuck within the radius of the blades, and is paddling off them as they spin :eek: Examine both the fan and the surroundings in there with great care and try to remove or batten down anything that is loose and could be interfering with the fan's rotation :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

I couldn't find anything. It doesn't seem necessary anyway, it's quite cool when I put my hand on top. I'll take a look at it at some point as I want to be able to mess with the fan control knobs for both the fans at once.

However I also can't find anywhere to attach the top fan to the motherboard, is it not meant to? I found only one place where a fan thingie fit on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Uhm... aren't both of those fans meant to be attached to the fan control or whatever? :confused: What fans and mobo are we talking about, I've forgotten what's going into your Vulcan :o

Advertisement