Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Spin 16/10/10 Dundrum.

• 13-10-2010 8:24pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭

9AM. DUNDRUM

Dundrum / "Johnny The Fox" / Cruagh / Viewing Point / Glencree / Enniskerry..........home.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Planet X wrote: »
    9AM. DUNDRUM

Dundrum / "Johhny The Fox" / Cruagh / Viewing Point / Glencree / Enniskerry..........home.

Maybe this week, I am not planning on heading out*

*This week marks the official end of any boozing as Winter training kicks off!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

I'm in!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

In like Flynn.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Maybe this week, I am not planning on heading out*

*This week marks the official end of any boozing as Winter training kicks off!

Bank Holiday Booze up.
    Halloween Booze up.
    Christmas Booze up.

??

Bank Holiday Booze up.
    Halloween Booze up.
    Christmas Booze up.

??

Discipline, watch this space!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Yep - I'll be there

^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Should be along again.

May I be bold enough to suggest a slightly different route to Johnnie Foxes other than the usual right turn before Stepaside?

Would mean staying on main road towards Enniskerry and turning right just after the Scalp, nice short climb back over towards the road from Kilternan up to Johnnie Foxes.

....or you can tell me to shut up and stick to the planned route.:P

• Advertisement

Fine by me. Is that the one by the National school?

I actually prefer that route, especially if the road works aren't completed on the other road.

No,not the one at the school but it does bring you back out onto that climb about half way up it.
    Any maps I've looked at don't have Killegar Road linking up with the main Enniskerry road so I can't link a route so I had to make do with MS Paint. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

i got the hangover in today so i can be fresh for tomorrow. . currently putting my new clip pedals on the bike. it'll be my first cycle with clipped shoes so you can all have a good laugh at me falling at the traffic lights. . see you then

mahoo wrote: »
    i got the hangover in today so i can be fresh for tomorrow. . currently putting my new clip pedals on the bike. it'll be my first cycle with clipped shoes so you can all have a good laugh at me falling at the traffic lights. . see you then

Will do.

Try and wear long sleeves this weekend. Yourself and Mike(?) were in short sleeves last weekend and even though it might be grand and warm down at city level it can get quiet cold above and around Glencree.

I was feeling for you guys coming downhill last weekend. Cool enough with the sweat chilling you aswell.

Temp will be a little cooler this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

i hear ya. ill dig out the leg warmers too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Is it finally time to break out the shoe covers?

Just toe caps on the sandals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

CramCycle wrote: »
    Is it finally time to break out the shoe covers?
    Possibly. I actually wore thick wool socks on the commute this morning. Nice and comfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

Hi folks,

what sort of time/speed/distance/effort is this spin? Suitable for a newbie(ish) or is this hardcore??

• Advertisement

I'm outta shape with a slight cough, so I can't imagine I'll be hammering it. I also plan to have a belly full of indian curry tonight.

2 hours plus I reckon.
    Speed would be about................15mph? Haven't a clue really. Lads from last week should be able to give you all the stats etc.
    I don't do computers n speed etc. av this av that. :)
    Only when I'm racing. :)
    If you can cycle for about that length of time and up a few hills you'll be OK. We wait for slower cyclists at the top of hills if someone gets dropped.

...and when they catch up we put the hammer down!

I'm outta shape with a slight cough, so I can't imagine I'll be hammering it. I also plan to have a belly full of indian curry tonight.

Won't be on your wheel then............:pac::pac::pac:

Won't be on your wheel then............:pac::pac::pac:
    It'll be grand. I'm not going drinking. I don't think I'll be in front of anyone anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Try and wear long sleeves this weekend. Yourself and Mike(?) were in short sleeves last weekend and even though it might be grand and warm down at city level it can get quiet cold above and around Glencree.

I was feeling for you guys coming downhill last weekend. Cool enough with the sweat chilling you aswell.

Temp will be a little cooler this weekend.

I was up that way today and it was bloody freezing. My computer showed an average temperature of 13.5C. By comparision it was 21.3C on Tuesday. So consider yourselves warned:cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Will be out for the spin, see yous in the morning

Managed to hold off any friday madness (more or less), so I'm still in.

Weather is looking good for tomorrow: dry and breezy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I set the alarm. Should see you there.

Just in, nice spin, 13 out I think. Beautiful weather.
    Almost got the knock a few miles from home. Starving. Cannot go out for a 3 and a half hour spin on Cheerios and a coffee. Now :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Well done lads, thanks for turning out.

DV, I heard you dropped your bottle coming down into Enniskerry? I went back to the village twice and waited around. Nothing. Went back up the hill and the crew were at the top. We thought you might have gone out of Enniskerry the other road. Hope you got back OK.

• Advertisement

@ The Taxman. Liked that alternative road up to Johnny Fox's. Nice diversion.

My bidon popped out on the way into Enniskerry, by the time I had got it and moved off again everyone was gone. Close to home though so no worries!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    My bidon popped out on the way into Enniskerry, by the time I had got it and moved off again everyone was gone. Close to home though so no worries!

we waited before the petrol station out the other side. Figured you must have gone a different way.

72 or so door to door for me, 3hrs 30

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

Nice spin this morning, weather was great. 61km for me, average speed was 24km/h. Thank you all for the good company!:)

Glad you liked that little detour. Also glad we had no mishaps at that sharp left.
    The body didn't want to get going at all today,each hill was just getting harder the further we went. Still good to get out for a few Kms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Cheers for the spin lads had to duck off on the way to glencree to be home before 11 to ensure i have a pass for sunday morning haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Cheers lads - enjoyed that again. Looking forward to keeping this spin a regular thing over the winter

55kms and 2.21 cycle time for me today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I did a homage to Lombardy this morning. 70km, cycled thru forest around a few lakes, up a few steep hills, up one climb to a chuch (disused and not the cycling chapel), and immediately onto another climb before heading around yet another lake to descend to the finish.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

feck it. I wanted to join yiz this morning but a screaming cat going up and down the street kept me awake till 4am - stuck in a pair of earplugs i found and slept through the alarm :(

Everything about this spin was great, except the cycling.

Advertisement