Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving my grades?

• 13-10-2010 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

Languages aren't my strong point but my career guidance counselor, using my predicted grades from my teachers, has estimated that I could get 520 points. I would like to go up to about 530/35. Personally I don't find my English teachers predication to be that realistic but it's what I am going by.

My predicted grades are:
    Physics, Maths and Applied Maths = A1s
    Business = B1
    French = C1
    English = C2
    Irish = she hasn't gotten back to me but I'm not using it for points

I am getting French grinds but basically I want to know how to study for English and French. Would like to go to a B3 at least in them.

(I got an A in JC English and a B in French but I know that the Leaving Cert is ''a whole other ball game'')

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

You cant so much study for english paper 1, but you can try read as much as possible and write when you can also. Paper 2 you really need to sit down and learn your stuff, listening to the texts on audio can help memorize quotes.

For french you could buy (or download from somewhere) Rosetta stone or some other language learning tool, they are supposed to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Dont look at those 3 subject as guaranteed A1s...they could easily fúck you over on the day as has happened to loads of people so you'd better have some sort of back up subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

Dont look at those 3 subject as guaranteed A1s...they could easily fúck you over on the day as has happened to loads of people so you'd better have some sort of back up subject

That's why I need to bring up French and English.

Advertisement