Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question :defrosting Mini fridge/freezer

Options
  • 13-10-2010 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some advice, I was defrosting my mini freezer as lots of ice had built up, I have got rid of that now but I noticed there is some ice above the top of the ice compartment (between that and the top of the freezer but I will have no way of getting rid of the ice..

Any ideas how to get rid of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

bowl of hot water on a thick towel in freezer and shut the door and leave it thaw
    replace water as required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

My problem is that the ice is in a place that I can't access myself, it is on the ceiling of the freezer (above the compartment)

I have unplugged it, done as you suggested. Will have to hope the ice on the top of the freezer compartment, melts by itself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

angel01 wrote: »
    My problem is that the ice is in a place that I can't access myself, it is on the ceiling of the freezer (above the compartment)

I have unplugged it, done as you suggested. Will have to hope the ice on the top of the freezer compartment, melts by itself!

What carlow52 says will work, you might have to keep replacing or reheating the bowl of hot water regularly, or just leave the door open, which might take longer, it will melt eventually.

If you unplug a fridge or freezer that has the compressor running, leave it plugged out 10 or 15 minutes before plug back in. Just a side note nothing to do with the defrosting.

Advertisement