Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't boot machine :(

Options
  • 13-10-2010 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

It says "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

However the BIOS screen does not appear on my monitor for whatever reason, so I can't configure it. I have a Windows 7 DVD in the DVD drive but obviously it's not set to boot off that(unless I didn't connect the DVD drive right which I doubt).

What can I do?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Its probably set to Quick Boot, check the mobo manual for which key to press (usually Del or F2) then restart the machine and hammer that button like crazy as it POSTs and the BIOS should pop up instead of the message ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

I plugged into the HDMI and kept pressing Delete. This worked. I changed the boot order to DVD first. Unfortunately the DVD doesn't boot in that machine or my laptop.

I have it downloaded from MSDN(legit), and burned to a DVD. I'm going to burn it again. I'm using Imgburn. Does anyone else have experiencing burning the MSDN and booting from them?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Don't DVDs need extra files and formatting to be bootable, just like floppies? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Yea, you need a program like imgburn or nero to burn the ISO correctly so it will be bootable :)

Advertisement