Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the cheapest bus to travel around ireland from dublin??

Options
  • 13-10-2010 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

hi!

im right now in dublin, and i want to travel to someplaces just to make some trips like to belfast, cork, galway... but i dont know what is the cheapest bus to travel around ireland from here from Dublin

could u help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

It's definitely Bus Eireann. The other regional busses tend to charge an awful lot more in my experience, especially country based busses. The intercity fare with Bus Eireann is roughly 20 euro return regardless of the city.

However if you're going by train if you book online you can often get one-way fares for €10 so long as you go at a specific time. (When you search timetables, tick the box and hit 'check price' and you'll notice prices vary according to times. Mid morning and very late evening tend to be the cheapest.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

If you are looking at doing several trips then a Bus Eireann Open Road pass which allows unlimited travel for different periods might be useful.

https://194.106.151.95/asp/ExplorerList.asp

Otherwise check out the journey planner/ticket prices on www.buseireann.ie

Advertisement